Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Samsung Galaxy A5 2016

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi all, there is something quite weird with my new Discover Weekly. I usually got a selection of classic hard rock/classic rock/heavy metal and various subgeneres, from the sixties to modern times, usually with well known or at the worst, not very famous bands, but this week i got almost only new bands with all albums released in 2019-2020. Only exceptions, three tracks from Metal Church, Guns 'N Roses and Motorhead. The fact is that these bands are not only not well known, they are all quite anonymous and i didn't enjoy a lot, it's the first time that it happens, and i hope this will be fixed for the next week. New bands and groups are great, but in the Discover Weeekly i hope to find more classics that i missed, as it always happened.
Thank you. 
I would like to say that i just listened to the same music i am usually listen to, with all well known bands in rock/punk/metal/classics and some rap artitst. Don't really know what happened with all this -indeed all rock and metal genres, but not all very good, some covers, some bad songs, some short senseless songs....- but very anonymous artistst. I wish to discover them in the Release Radar (which worked ok) rather in that playlist.

EDIT: As noted by an user, all our Discover Weekly seems to have reverted to last week, so let's see what happens. I think they made a mistake and they are trying to fix that, it was really absurd what we got.

The playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZEVXcKFVCiukmEhK?si=2DH8-5fwT1-VpcdgFjhY1Q

My account: https://open.spotify.com/user/21lxyf6ewmwxwies5n4mqmo3y?si=R-vvw0CWQmevpP6LtrKS4Q

12 Replies

Thanks for your reply. It must be a weird problem of Spotify, since i don't share it with no one, no one has entered in my account and i listen almost always the afore mentioned music. Really hope that it's not gonna happen again, and i would be happy if an admin can take a look at this problem.

Exact same issue here. Most of my recommendations were from 2020, and had 1-5 songs published.

Take these two songs as an example:

- Same generic album artwork

- Almost the same song, one is just sped up

- Same green tree album artwork as one of the above posters

https://open.spotify.com/track/0Srb49MgBYTZJxChALyA85?si=bBW_4SCfQ2apuvlFPwO18Q

https://open.spotify.com/track/68s3luBqQusDqH3U2Fv12F?si=ZNbnkko1SjS62LBAXZ4Zow

Thanks to you also! It's very weird, since, as i said before, i listened my songs, i don't share my Spotify or something else. In fact, all the songs i got were all hard rock/heavy metal... but from bands never heard before, hard to find even on the internet, and, like your case, someone with generic image, and i guess one or two cover bands. Really bad, i pay Spotify for having that feature, i messaged Spotify Cares on Facebook, they said they will take a look in my case, i suggest anyone who has this problem, to do that same thing. Hope next week i don't get three normal artists (technically 4 because one was italian but it's just a random fact that i know them) and 26 unknown/recent, almost all from 2019-20 bands/songs.

Another example from my discover weekly:

- Every song on the album is 1 min 30 seconds

- They're all just slight variations of the same song

https://open.spotify.com/album/6kgi5PKmkzwqrkVwDqGN0h?si=5QL5UepxRC6UIjyJ2dKoiw

I came here only to report the same problem, lol

Glad it didn't happen with me only and there are many people who listen to it every week, so it is remarkable.

Actually, there are songs that I can't even play, so I got only 25 playable songs.

Must be a bug.

EDIT: actually, now the playlist came back to the songs from last week... well, let's see what happens tomorrow

About the edit: mine too! Let's see what happens, i hope a normal Discover Weekly... as you can see last mine contained classics, famous bands or lesser famous, but almost anything is normal, no unknown or absurd bands!

I noticed that Discover Weekly playlist have just regenerated and it seems a right Discover Weekly playlist.

I am experiencing the same issue, it seems like the playlist is filled by songs by bot accounts (8 of the 30 songs aren't even available in my region, go figure). Hopefully it'll be fixed soonish...

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this.

We've had an issue back stage, but this should all be resolved now. If your Discover Weekly is still showing odd Artists/Songs try logging out, closing the app and logging back in.

Let us know if any of you are still experiencing this after the re-log.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies. Thanks 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It's resolved, indeed. My DW playlist this week was awesome ❤️

Thanks for the answer!

Hi @IgorG94,

Thanks for your reply.

We're happy to hear that everything works fine now and that you're happy with your DW.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions in the future.

Have an awesome day!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts