Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Watch and Listen: Introducing music videos on Spotify

Watch and Listen: Introducing music videos on Spotify

Spotify knows that the listening experience is a way to connect artists with fans on many levels. But what if we could enhance these connections with a different perspective? 

With this in mind, Spotify is introducing a new and powerful way to listen to your favorite songs: Music Videos.

This exciting new feature is being rolled out in Beta for Premium users across more than 90 countries worldwide. At this point, Music Videos is with a limited catalog, but it includes hits from local artists and global ones like Ed Sheeran, The Weeknd, and Ariana Grande.

IMG_6446.png

How to watch music videos on Spotify:

• Music Videos is being rolled out in Beta for Premium users in some specific countries. This includes Brazil, Colombia, Germany, Indonesia, Italy, Kenya, Philippines, Poland, Sweden, the Netherlands, Egypt and the United Kingdom.
  • Music Videos is available for Premium users on iOS, Android, desktop, and TV devices. 
  • You can access it through the Now Playing View, when listening to supported music tracks. You just need to tap the “Switch to Video” toggle and the music video will start playing from the beginning. To head back to audio-only mode, tap on “Switch to Audio”.
  • You can watch the videos in either portrait or landscape modes, and it is also available for Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode.

Considering it's in Beta, Spotify will continue to improve the new feature based on feedback both from users and artists.

Currently, Spotify is working on ways to improve the experience of switching the playback from music to video and vice-versa, adopting a TimeSync transaction and this update is being released to the users gradually. There is also a 18+ content enforcement to prevent minors have access to explicit content.

I hope you are as excited as I am for this new way to enhance your connection with your favorite artists. For any feedback on the matter you may have, you are more than welcome to share it with us below on this thread.

You can find the latest updates on the topic in the official announcement from the Spotify Newsroom here.

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
85 Replies

Good morning, I have a problem with playing videos on my TV using Spotify Connect. When I want to watch it, it automatically switches to audio mode. Please fix this as soon as possible or add this feature as soon as possible, since I think this feature is more important than AI DJ.

I live in Belgium and I am fairly certain that in the beta version music videos should be available but I'm not getting the option

I want an option to always play music videos when available in my TV and Tablet. I don’t think I need this in my phone tho.

Es verdad además tenes que tener tiempo para ver los videos en tu celular. Igual por ahora es opcional. Viene por defecto la opción de audio y el otro día yo quise transmitir los videos a mi tv android y no pude. Mediante Spotify connect. Espero que haya alguna solución en la próxima actualización en la tablet te podes unir a la versión beta para ver los videos 

I have a family account but I can’t  watch videos…

can I fix it? Or doesn’t it work with my account?

I live in Finland and I'm using Spotify through family premium. I got email that said my country got music videos to Spotify but when I play song that has music video I don't see the button to switch to the video.

Suggested posts