Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Watch and Listen: Introducing music videos on Spotify

Watch and Listen: Introducing music videos on Spotify

Spotify knows that the listening experience is a way to connect artists with fans on many levels. But what if we could enhance these connections with a different perspective? 

With this in mind, Spotify is introducing a new and powerful way to listen to your favorite songs: Music Videos.

This exciting new feature is being rolled out in Beta for Premium users across more than 90 countries worldwide. At this point, Music Videos is with a limited catalog, but it includes hits from local artists and global ones like Ed Sheeran, The Weeknd, and Ariana Grande.

IMG_6446.png

How to watch music videos on Spotify:

• Music Videos is being rolled out in Beta for Premium users in some specific countries. This includes Brazil, Colombia, Germany, Indonesia, Italy, Kenya, Philippines, Poland, Sweden, the Netherlands, Egypt and the United Kingdom.
  • Music Videos is available for Premium users on iOS, Android, desktop, and TV devices. 
  • You can access it through the Now Playing View, when listening to supported music tracks. You just need to tap the “Switch to Video” toggle and the music video will start playing from the beginning. To head back to audio-only mode, tap on “Switch to Audio”.
  • You can watch the videos in either portrait or landscape modes, and it is also available for Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode.

Considering it's in Beta, Spotify will continue to improve the new feature based on feedback both from users and artists.

Currently, Spotify is working on ways to improve the experience of switching the playback from music to video and vice-versa, adopting a TimeSync transaction and this update is being released to the users gradually. There is also a 18+ content enforcement to prevent minors have access to explicit content.

I hope you are as excited as I am for this new way to enhance your connection with your favorite artists. For any feedback on the matter you may have, you are more than welcome to share it with us below on this thread.

You can find the latest updates on the topic in the official announcement from the Spotify Newsroom here.

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
85 Replies

Problem is that it defaults back to video every time, so whenever I turn on music on the TV, I'll have to press audio again...

I am just waiting on this feature to dump Youtube Music, Tidal, Apple Music (yes, I do subscribe to all three...)

Youtube Music can't shuffle anything properly and keep hearing the same songs.  Video content is huge however.  Most of my environment is Google something...  But I cannot have a playlist of only video clips.

Apple Music allows for either tracks or videos and has an excellent selection of either.  I can have an entire playlist of only video clips.  But Apples plays nice within its own devices...

Tidal is a good compromise, plays nice on Google-Chromecast devices, allows to create video-only playlists.  Music library however seems to have some limited content available.

And then there is Spotify which nails just about every weaker aspects of the other streaming services but doesn't have videos, yet.  I can't wait until this feature is available in the US!

Yes please, would love to see this in Australia. My own Rage programming? Sign me up!

Is there a way to filter results so that you only get songs with video? Or are there ay playlists with songs that have a video? I like the future too, to use it on TV.

Do you know when Musoc Videos might be available in South Africa

With the death of Music TV I personally think this is a great feature and have spent the day curating what will be my own music TV channel. I can only seem to get Spotify to play non-stop music videos on the PS5 app. All other platforms require me to keep switching to the video. Love this!

You love that all the other platforms are not able to show a continuous video playlist? I hate that. It works great with the chromecast app, but I use that one very rarely. I use the desktop app all the time. It's beyond stupid this still doesn't work on there.

I still cant use the videos. No button to "switch to video"

Amazon music app had this feature For a little while and I loved it and then they canceled it.. Now I'm looking for another one that plays videos and music and you don't have it available for the US. I love listening to my music but I also like being able to switch to videos when I'm at home. The music apps have my favorite music already from me adding it throughout the years and it keeps me from having to search for each video. I've already got my loved music so I can just switch over to video and watch the videos for the songs that I've been listening too. Please add this feature to the US. Don't listen to all these other people that think it's going to change the platform. You will still be able to listen to your music and never hit the video button if you don't want too but for those of us that want to watch a video we can.

This would be an excellent feature on TV, except:

1. It's not (yet) available on Apple TV, except when using AirPlay from the iOS app.

2. There is no way to make "switch to video" stick. It should remember the last selected option (audio-only or music video).

3. Being able to filter playlists for songs with music videos or an option to skip music without video would be useful.

How do I turn off absolutely all video on Spotify? Deeply annoying 

This is AWESOME 👏  Can’t wait for this to be in the US too!  

Really enjoy the video feature for when I'm listening to songs on my TV! Wish it would default to it, or ideally allow you to set your own default.

Would never see myself using the video feature on mobile devices though.

How can I get music videos when I’m on Premium Duo? Thanks! 🙏

Please we need music videos here in Perú too!!!! Please!!!!!

I would like to request that you enable the option for Music Videos in Latin America, specifically in Peru. Additionally, I urge you to introduce HiFi quality as soon as possible. Lastly, please consider adding the songs "Gitana" and "Pure Intuition" by Shakira to the catalog available in Peru.

can yall please add this to united states already

You thought wrong.

I just watched an excellent music video for a Beatles song but there's no credits at all to show who made the video. Are visuals not worthy of credit?

Videos are no longer an option on the web player - anybody else having this issue?

Suggested posts