Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player or App Not Working

Solved!

Web Player or App Not Working

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Windows

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

My first issue starts with the web player. Before logging in, I'm able to maneuver through the menu just fine; I can search songs, look at playlists, etc. When I log in, I get an error saying something went wrong. I then try the web player in a different browser and get the same thing. I use google chrome and my browser is up to date. My next issue is with the app. For months now the app was not working on my computer. I logged in and I kept getting the same something went wrong message and would just leave it at that. I tried reinstalling so many times and got the same thing. Recently, I tried uninstalling and redownloading Spotify to see if I could use it again, but this time nothing is "updated" - in the sense that my playlists and liked songs are all from months ago and nothing new of mine is there. I mainly use Spotify for my phone so I know what songs are where etc. There's that issue, plus connecting to Facebook through the Spotify app is not working either. I can "play" music on the app, but there's no sound and the progress bar isn't moving. I've tried just about everything that's possible and I'm getting tired of this.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @diarosie1

To fix this problem, I would recommend clearing your browser's cache and cookies.

I would also recommend clearing your Host Files. Please follow these instructions.

1. Make sure you're on the newest version of Chrome. Click on the hamburger menu and go to Help > About Chrome.

Chrome will auto-update if there is one available.

kaworu_bloodpaw_0-1675347735774.png

2. Clear your browser's cache and cookies. On the sidebar, on the same update page, click on Privacy and security, and Clear browsing data, 

Click on the advanced tab, and select Cookies, Cache, and Hosted app data with the time range set to all time.

kaworu_bloodpaw_1-1675347735779.png

3. Restart Chrome by clicking on the hamburger menu and clicking Exit.

kaworu_bloodpaw_2-1675347735780.png

Now, reopen the web player! 🙂

If my answer was useful, don't forget to give it a 'Like!'

If my answer was the solution, don't forget to mark it as the solution!

Thanks! 😇

If you need anything else, please reply and ask,
or shoot me a Private Message!

Feel free to follow my Spotify or Community profiles! 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Spotify.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @diarosie1

To fix this problem, I would recommend clearing your browser's cache and cookies.

I would also recommend clearing your Host Files. Please follow these instructions.

1. Make sure you're on the newest version of Chrome. Click on the hamburger menu and go to Help > About Chrome.

Chrome will auto-update if there is one available.

kaworu_bloodpaw_0-1675347735774.png

2. Clear your browser's cache and cookies. On the sidebar, on the same update page, click on Privacy and security, and Clear browsing data, 

Click on the advanced tab, and select Cookies, Cache, and Hosted app data with the time range set to all time.

kaworu_bloodpaw_1-1675347735779.png

3. Restart Chrome by clicking on the hamburger menu and clicking Exit.

kaworu_bloodpaw_2-1675347735780.png

Now, reopen the web player! 🙂

If my answer was useful, don't forget to give it a 'Like!'

If my answer was the solution, don't forget to mark it as the solution!

Thanks! 😇

If you need anything else, please reply and ask,
or shoot me a Private Message!

Feel free to follow my Spotify or Community profiles! 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Spotify.

Hello and thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, after doing all these steps provided the web player is still not working and I'm still getting the "something went wrong" message on the web player.

@diarosie1

Okay, what about the desktop app? Is that working?

Also, do you have these problems on another network?

I was able to fix both the app and the web player. Back when I was first having these issues, clearing my host files was not fixing the problem, so I was reluctant at first, but it did manage to fix my problem. Thank you.

Suggested posts