Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What is "Shortcuts" and how to remove it?

What is "Shortcuts" and how to remove it?

Hello Community,

Could somebody please explain how can I remove the two "Shortcuts" from my Home tab? Please, see the attached screen shot.

I have in Spotify Web, Destkop App, Mobile App.

It just sits there, I don't know why and I would prefer not to have it there.

I have found no way how to remove it.

I do not know the artist, I do not follow the artist, I do not like the artist...

So why do I have a shortcut for that song on my Home tab?

Thank you.

Screenshot 2020-07-29 at 20.23.16.png
Top Answer
Mihail
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

The Shortcuts section you see on your Home Screens are part of ongoing efforts to improve the user experience by providing meaningful, relevant content recommendations to you. We understand that for those of you posting here, this isn't the case. Your feedback is what helps the right teams find out, that this still needs work on. 

As everything, this is a learning process and we're monitoring both backstage data and user feedback to improve our features.

In the meantime you can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to this idea. You can also read how your feedback reach Spotify here.

Cheers!

93 Replies

Same here. They even listened to music on my account when I was listening too so I have to stop listening. It drove me crazy. It had happened since July to September. The sign-in were in many different countries including US, Germany, Russia, Indonesia, etc.

After I changed my password, it still happened so I think they did't need to know my password to hack and listen on my account! Only until I signed out my account on all devices, it stopped but the shortcuts are still there and Spotify doesn't have any option to remove or delete those shortcuts although I've listened to hundreds of songs since then.

Super annoying! Spotify team, please do your job!

Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 11.15.25.png

exactly same thing is happening with me!!!!

Hey folks!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we're sorry to hear you feel this way.

We understand how being able to customize your home screen is a handy feature and we recommend that you leave a +Vote here to support it.

If you see songs that you don't recognize we'd also suggest checking this page to see what you can do to secure account.

The Shortcuts should update the more you listen to the songs you enjoy. Just make sure you don't have Private session on, as that might influence the algorithm.

Hope this info helps. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have BOOBS on my screen all the time, and I'm a school teacher who uses Spotify in the classroom. Spotify, you have to address this!20200923_115554.jpg

I also have an inappropriate image showing up on my playlist that belongs to an album with a song that was listened to 1/4 of the way through... Yet it shows up as my number one shortcut. 

This is also for my business computer which popped up in front of my clients. I have listened to other albums and songs and still, this is still the first image that shows up every time I load up Spotify.

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 8.54.58 AM.png

I just realised that "Shortcuts" has disappeared from my Spotify home screen. Which is good, I have enough "shortcuts" already in My Library if I need to access things that I WANT to access again, thus the need for shortcuts.

An idea though, why not directing the AI to make shortcuts based on users' library? That way, Spotify create shortcuts of things that matter for each user! If Spotify wants to make a suggestion based on a user's listening history, there is already "Made for you".

Also, the idea that a human person cannot override the machine thinking is merely demeaning. Similarly, the option for clearing undesired content from showing, such as in "Recently Played" should be an essential feature.   

Why should we vote for a feature request that is stuck since July 2018 ? Do you really think this will ever be taken into account.

You bunch of eccentric guys from devs and marketing teams are paid 200+ k$ a year to come up with garbage and obnoxious updates, and most of all paid to remove basic "remove" features.

Keep your algorithms but just let us clear what we don't want to appear in our "Shortcuts", "Jump back in", "Your favorite albums and songs" and "Recently played tracks" sections FFS !

You've just lost an active paying subscriber.

what i dont actually listen toowhat i dont actually listen too

How about you forget about this extremely stupid little poll of yours and just implement it? I listen to a podcast ONCE and it's there forever? I can't get rid of it? Never listening to another damn podcast again. I don't want to see it in my shortcuts and have no way to remove them. STUPID! seriously considering cancelling over something so simple to implement. Vote? on something that's 2 years old? Give me a break!

Spotify spotify spotify.. How sh*te you've become over the past couple of years.

Excuse my swearing but come on you bunch of f*cking tw*ts, just put in the bl**dy remove feature. As an active app dev myself I know it isn't hard to do. If you want just hire me and I'll do it for you. Stop updating the app into something no one wants and let us have control over what an active app and game devoloper and well all I can say is that are institution has 100% moved away from ur buggy sh*te service. Congrats on losing 500+ active members. Silly silly idiots.

There was a women in this section complain about a nude photo shown on her home screen. And why should we vote for an outdated bs idea that not only us but you can see that it's been inactive for two years.

F*cking sort ur sh*te service out ye c***s!

YEA,  let us remove our shortcuts and top shows as well.  Nothing more embarrassing than my family seeing all my podcasts with personal issues that are nobody's business 

Capture.JPG

It's a terrible feature, please listen to your customers.

Did anyone figure out how to solve this? I also have random shortcuts displayed at the top of my HOME page and I want these gone.  I don't even like the stuff displayed there and have at most listened to some of these once... if at all.  Please guys fix shortcuts they are a nuisance and a horrible feature!  

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

We're constantly aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

In the meantime you can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to this idea. You can also read how your feedback reach Spotify here

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Stop telling people to "vote" for something obvious.  That is an insult to your customers.

This feature was not added through democratic process- it shouldn’t need a public vote to consider removing it or at least giving us a setting to hide it or disable it or whatever. Anyone posting here is not doing so to be a nuisance- it’s out of a desire to make Spotify better and the company should really be better about taking this feedback seriously. People have been requesting this for quite some time now and the response is always to “vote for it”... I really think that this thread needs to be seen by someone within the company that can make these kinda decisions because to me this is an absolute no brainer. How many “likes” does this have to get to be taken seriously? In my mind it’s not a feature request - it’s a bug report- it displays music that we do NOT want shortcuts to- and at the very top of our home page. If you want to have this feature at least give us the ability to remove songs that have been automatically added because right now there is no rhyme or reason to the music displayed there and it is detrimental to the experience for all users.

I am having the same problem. I didn't listened that podcast, but it is still in my shortcuts and your favorites list (???). I am thinking to disable my premium account just for that. Spotify should fix this issue.

oh my god, this is the most important reason now, I feel for you

Spoiler
This issue is getting out of hand.  

I've got sports and political podcasts on mine, and I don't even like sports and hate politics.  What the f*** is going on with you guys????

This is been going on for so long, and it's the first thing you see when you open the app,  your UX team are off their f*cking heads. I've been with you guys from the beta version, and this is the worst version ever, sort it out

Why is this feature not there, this is essential. It's so annoying to have things I don't like in my shortcuts. This can't be such a hard feature to introduce, come on.

Suggested posts