What is "Shortcuts" and how to remove it?

What is "Shortcuts" and how to remove it?

gomezzz
Casual Listener

Hello Community,

Could somebody please explain how can I remove the two "Shortcuts" from my Home tab? Please, see the attached screen shot.

I have in Spotify Web, Destkop App, Mobile App.

It just sits there, I don't know why and I would prefer not to have it there.

I have found no way how to remove it.

I do not know the artist, I do not follow the artist, I do not like the artist...

So why do I have a shortcut for that song on my Home tab?

Thank you.

Screenshot 2020-07-29 at 20.23.16.png
Mihail

Hey folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

The Shortcuts section you see on your Home Screens are part of ongoing efforts to improve the user experience by providing meaningful, relevant content recommendations to you. We understand that for those of you posting here, this isn't the case. Your feedback is what helps the right teams find out, that this still needs work on. 

As everything, this is a learning process and we're monitoring both backstage data and user feedback to improve our features.

In the meantime you can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to this idea. You can also read how your feedback reach Spotify here.

Cheers!

88 Replies

mikeydeeez
Casual Listener

Same thing here, except my entire front page has been hijacked for the most part. this is desktop app BTW but its the same on my phone as well. Unknown artists, obviously some kind of hacking/illegal advertising that spotify is failing to acknowledge

mikeydeeez_0-1596113947049.png

The only ones I have actually listened to is The Weeknd, Beyonce and Pop Remix. I checked out one of the songs to see if I recognized it but nope. And also I had sign-ins last week from Russia 2x and Indonesia once

ET88
Casual Listener
Same for me! Would like to remove no relevant content.

edd4004
Visitor
My Spotify account had recently been hacked. My playback kept stopping when the other person pressed play on their device. I changed my password and now works fine, but can't get rid of the shortcuts to the **bleep** he/she/it was listening to!! For £15 p/m I expect a bit more control over what I see

Vietnamculture
Visitor

Same here. They even listened to music on my account when I was listening too so I have to stop listening. It drove me crazy. It had happened since July to September. The sign-in were in many different countries including US, Germany, Russia, Indonesia, etc.

After I changed my password, it still happened so I think they did't need to know my password to hack and listen on my account! Only until I signed out my account on all devices, it stopped but the shortcuts are still there and Spotify doesn't have any option to remove or delete those shortcuts although I've listened to hundreds of songs since then.

Super annoying! Spotify team, please do your job!

Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 11.15.25.png

Nandhu
Visitor

I also need answer for this. 

SUGGESTED POSTS