What is "Shortcuts" and how to remove it?

What is "Shortcuts" and how to remove it?

gomezzz
Casual Listener

Hello Community,

Could somebody please explain how can I remove the two "Shortcuts" from my Home tab? Please, see the attached screen shot.

I have in Spotify Web, Destkop App, Mobile App.

It just sits there, I don't know why and I would prefer not to have it there.

I have found no way how to remove it.

I do not know the artist, I do not follow the artist, I do not like the artist...

So why do I have a shortcut for that song on my Home tab?

Thank you.

Screenshot 2020-07-29 at 20.23.16.png
88 Replies

drr_lh8wp-1n5
Casual Listener

It's pretty obvious to me Spotify doesn't care about mental health. They do not want to turn their platform into some kind of "social media" app, yet they have user profiles that you can look up, you can add friends from facebook, etc. I went through some bad emotional stuff and I see this persons playlist on my home page just smacking me right in the face. I do not want to see this, I want a block feature for users and a remove feature for these shortcuts. It is quite absurd to me that this is even an issue. This company has done nothing to care for the mental health of it's users by adding a few very SIMPLE options to their platform. This is a growing issue and Spotify has a chance to show that they care, but they simply choose to ignore everything in an effort to make you listen to**bleep** you do not want to listen to. 

tonysucks
Regular

This is spotify idea of making even more money on top of premium sub. Same with Podcasts. My main screen full of **bleep** i have no interest in listening to, and no way to remove it. I have listening to a podcast and have no interrest to, but now if music ends, starts podcasts instead of similar music. Keep it up and you will lose my monthly fee.

tonysucks
Regular

It's about making money. I could care less for some Rogan dude podcast, all of a sudden decided to start playing it on it's own. Now, its all over the place with no possibility of removal. Its they way of getting more money from us, like it or not. Response from so called "support" borderline offensive. Time to start looking for alternatives.

oyzzyfe5ltsjswq
Casual Listener
I long ago shift to DEEZER and really happy with my decision !!!

tonysucks
Regular

"I long ago shift to DEEZER and really happy with my decision !!!"

The more i look at it, the more i'm raging at it. I just downloaded Deezer, see how i like it, Thanks for the tip.

tonysucks
Regular

Can someone from Spotify explain to me, do they support and endorse Joe Rogan views? Do they support his Anti-vaxer, anti-mask views?  If not, why do I have to see at least 3-4 images of his podcast on my home screen with not possibility of removal? 

It's madness to try and push podcast or music if the listener has no interest or worse,  and still have no choice to remove content from his own home page.

I have decided to vote with my money and will be cancelling my premium family account. I don't believe in a company pushing they views on me, especially if i'm paying for the content.

Thanks

morebits
Regular
Spotify’s inability to allow users to remove, clean, edit offensive “shortcuts” is so wrong headed that people are becoming so outraged that they are canceling subscriptions.

ET88
Casual Listener
Same for me! Would like to remove no relevant content.

ET88
Casual Listener
Yes I want to remove my Shortcuts as well
Recently played is all I need.
If Spotify wants to put out suggestions that fine with me but call it suggestions and give me a filter option.
SUGGESTED POSTS