Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

When I switch devices, my playlist changes also

When I switch devices, my playlist changes also

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 14 and Lenovo ThinkPad

Operating System

iOS 16.3.1 and Windows 11 Pro

My Question or Issue

I sometimes listen to Spotify on my laptop using the Spotify app and sometimes on my iPhone. I listen to one playlist on one device and a different playlist on the other device. For the past couple of weeks when I change devices - EVEN WHEN I CLOSE OUT OF THE PREVIOUS DEVICE'S APP (this used to work) - when I open the new device, it changes to the playlist I was listening to on the OTHER device. So this is what happens:

Listen to my phone playlist on my phone.

I stop listening.

I open up my Windows app on my laptop and listen to my laptop playlist.

I close the app entirely.

I open my phone app and it switches to my laptop playlist rather than continues with my phone playlist.

How do I get it to stick to one playlist?

3 Replies

Hey @purplesapphire,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

The described behavior looks like the way the app should actually behave. The syncing of which playlist is being played between devices using the same account is normal. Maybe previously there was some issue in your device setup and the sync was not possible.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have experienced the sync when the app was open on both devices at the same time (which is super annoying as well, but I learned how to manage), but I've never experienced it syncing when the app on one device was closed first.

Is there a workaround? I don't want to have to keep up with where I was on which playlist just because I moved from my office to my car.

Hey @purplesapphire,

Thanks for the reply.

There is currently no workaround for the interdevice playlist progress syncing, but maybe you can suggest a new feature through our idea submission flow. More on that here.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts