Why are there multiples of songs/albums?

Solved!
Highlighted

Why are there multiples of songs/albums?

Casual Listener

I like to keep my library organized and clean. I always want to make sure that I'm saving all the new music my favorite artists are putting out without doubles of the same songs (like deleting the singles when the album comes out.) 

I've noticed that sometimes there will be songs or albums that I saved straight from the artist's profile and then some time in the future I'll go back to their profile and see that it isn't saved. I can look in my library and see that I do have it saved, but it's just not the same one. New versions are always replacing the songs on the artist's profile but the version I have saved in my library cannot be found anywhere else.

For example, I go to Rina Sawayama's profile and see that I don't have the song "flicker" saved. I go back to my library and see that I do in fact have that song saved.

Why are there so many versions of the same songs always showing up? It's so hard to figure out what music you actually have saved or not. Has anybody else experienced this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Why are there multiples of songs/albums?

Hey @ehano,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

"Duplicates" of songs will appear depending on the way that right-holders upload different versions of a song on Spotify.

There's actually an Idea in the Community about consolidating songs that appear as duplicates in 'Liked Songs'.

You can check it here and make sure to click +VOTE as well as to comment with your feedback if you'd wish to see it implemented in Spotify.

Hope you'll find this helpful. Feel free to reach out anytime if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

MarioModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"There's more to living than only surviving." - Dexter Holland

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

Composer

This is a common issue and it's been happening since forever. Spotify says it's working as intended. 

Highlighted
Solution!

Hey @ehano,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

"Duplicates" of songs will appear depending on the way that right-holders upload different versions of a song on Spotify.

There's actually an Idea in the Community about consolidating songs that appear as duplicates in 'Liked Songs'.

You can check it here and make sure to click +VOTE as well as to comment with your feedback if you'd wish to see it implemented in Spotify.

Hope you'll find this helpful. Feel free to reach out anytime if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

MarioModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"There's more to living than only surviving." - Dexter Holland

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS