Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why does a playlist keep changing?

Why does a playlist keep changing?

Why do the songs in a playlist keep changing? 

There are a couple of playlists that I really enjoy listening to but recently the songs in the playlist have changed and I no longer know what the songs were that I liked. 

I also downloaded one of the Daily Mix 1 playlists because it was a really good mix but I went back to the mix in my library a few days later and all the songs have changed to today’s mix and it’s says I’ve downloaded them, even though it’s a completely different mix to the one I did actually download a few days previous. Is my downloaded mix now lost forever? Very frustrating!

Surely playlists should remain the same. If songs change, then give the playlist a different name but keep the original. I realize some songs are removed from Spotify but if you take the ‘We Be Vibin’ playlist for example, it’s basically completely changed since 3 months ago. 

Lots of good tunes lost, sad face 😞 

1 Reply

Hello @BexM

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Playlists on Spotify are updated from time to time, so if you come across a song you like, make sure to add it to Your Library

The Daily Mix playlists update everyday. That means you won't be able to play songs from previous day, even if you downloaded the playlist. It will just result in downloading the songs that are currently in it. 

If you 'd like to save the entire Mix or any other playlist, I'd recommend adding those songs to a new playlist and you will be able to listen to them and edit them anytime. 

The easiest way to do it is to use desktop app:

• Go to the playlist you want to save, 
  • To select all songs use keyboard CMD+A (Mac) or CTRL+A (Windows).
  • Drag them to a new playlist.

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

Suggested posts