Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why was the filter function in the liked songs removed?

Why was the filter function in the liked songs removed?

I find it a little annoying that the filter function for the liked playlist removed as of late because that is how I will get though my day most often and find songs I want. It also helped me sleep so as of late I've been missing more sleep. It actually helped a lot with my insomnia and anxiety.
4 Replies

Hello @ 

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community. Can you let me know which device this is happening on? I tested it on my end and I'm still able to filter liked songs in my desktop. You can learn more about filters here.

Keep me posted 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I also used to be able to search for songs within playlists via a filter functionality. Unfortunately it has disappeared. Would love to have it back since I used it frequently.

Screenshot_2023-06-03-07-10-43-06_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg

Hey @Pdbdb,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared. 

Can you disable the enhance feature to check if you can see the search bar within your Liked song playlist? Remember, you'll have to scroll down to find it along with the sort options. It looks like this:

1669476518672.jpg

If the above doesn't do the trick, please send us the make/model and OS of your device along with the Spotify version you're running. 

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks AlejaR, found it. What a ridiculous design and UI choice that spotify has made..

Why?:

1. remove the functionality when enhanced is enabled

2. Having to scroll all the way to the top to see it, instead of immediately seeing it.

Suggested posts