Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

disable allow explicit content - does it remove explicit songs from you playlists or just hide them

disable allow explicit content - does it remove explicit songs from you playlists or just hide them

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

3 Replies

Hi there @tika9112,

thanks for reaching out !

Spotify functions as the receiving end of content which means that the files marked as "Explicit" were uploaded as such by the artists.

As Spotify is the receiving end of content if is possible there are artists who have uploaded their content without marking them as such.

Please provide me with a screenshot so i can view what you see on your end and if the files you speak about are "marked" ones or not.

Thanks for your cooperation 🙂

I have explicit songs in my playslist.  What I am asking is if I turn on the "disable explicit content" in my settings does that just hide the songs or does it remove them from my playlist?  I would like to play my playlists when my kids are in the car but I do not want the explicit songs to play.  Can turn on disable explicit content when my kids are listening, have all the explicit songs NOT be played and then turn of disable explicit content when they are not around and have my explicit songs still be in my playlist?

Hey @tika9112,

Once you disable explicit content on your account, it's no longer possible to play those songs and they are skipped over if they are included in a playlist. For more info on that check out this support article.

Hope this answers your question. Let us know if there's anything else you need help with!

Happy listening 🎶

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts