Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

disable recommended playlist

disable recommended playlist

how do I disable/ block a recommended discover weekly playlist ? not following the user or the playlist but it keeps showing up 

5 Replies

Hey @mehdihasan,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

We've moved your post to a relevant Help Board where it fits better.

If you don't like a song/artist from your Discover weekly playlist, then you can use the 3-dotted menu next to the song in question and choose "Hide this song".  Also if you tap on the particular artist name (below the song title) and visit his profile page, again on the 3-dotted menu, you can choose "Don't play this" to stop getting recommendations about that artist.  By using these two methods, with time you can teach the app what you dislike and thus stop receiving similar suggestions in the future.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

how do I stop getting discover weekly playlist recommendation ?

Hey @mehdihasan,

Thanks for the post.

Discover Weekly is a playlist automatically generated by Spotify, based on your listening activity. 

There is no way to remove this playlist from your Library. The same goes for Daily Mix # and Release Radar.

Hope this info helps.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It's another user's discover weekly playlist, not following the playlist or the user, why does it show up ? 

Hey @mehdihasan,

Thanks for the clarification.

Could you make sure that you're not actually following the playlist? To do so, go the playlist and tap on the heart icon. Keep in mind that if the heart icon is green, it means you've liked/followed that playlist.

If it still appears on Your Library after you've un liked it, can you send us a screenshot where we can see how that playlist looks like on your end?

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts