[iOS] Unable to Dislike Songs in Discover Weekly Playlist

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Unable to Dislike Songs in Discover Weekly Playlist

Roadie

@12165371055 wrote:

It's not the same thing, and I don't want to go through a menu just to let be known I  don't like a music. 

We should have a one-button way to avoid specific songs/artists.

Why fix what is not broken?

What to say on this? I see it as a total marketing decision. Spotify is a music on demand service, they don't want you to dislike what they offer.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

That’s  not it though because the dislike button is still showing up on other playlists (like Daily Mixes) and on PC but just not Discover Weekly on iOS. 

Highlighted

Re: Discover Weekly - I don't like "Artist" gone?

Regular
This is not the case for iOS. There is only "like" button, but no "block" button in Discover Weekly or Release Radar playlists. Just if you go deeper in the song settings you may "Hide song".
Highlighted

Roadie

@dislikebutton wrote:

That’s  not it though because the dislike button is still showing up on other playlists (like Daily Mixes) and on PC but just not Discover Weekly on iOS. 

I can’t say anything about PC version, but I don’t see Dislike anywhere on mobile app. There’s Hide button where Dislike used to be.

hide.jpg
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Yep, I am not seeing that button on my Discover Weekly playlist though. See screenshots from Discover Weekly versus Daily Mix. 

99DFB645-AE73-4B5F-8E2C-27E15C6DE01C.png
Highlighted

Roadie

@dislikebutton wrote:

I am not seeing that button on my Discover Weekly playlist though.

I don't know why they use different layouts for different playlists, it is bad UI. But Hide button is hidden in Discover Weekly under ... link.

If that was me, I would suggest pretty simple solution, that benefits all. All controls are low, Like and Hide are close to the track title, feels right.

New Layout.jpg
Highlighted

Re: [iOS] Unable to Dislike Songs in Discover Weekly Playlist - Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks, 

We really appreciate you reporting this here in the Community!

We've passed your reports on to our tech teams to look into.

If you're having troubles with the dislike/hide button on your iOS device, make sure to add your +VOTE and leave a comment with the following details so we can pass them along:

• Your device 
  • The OS version of your device
  • Exact version of the Spotify app
  • The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far
  • Any screenshots or screenrecordings of what's happening for you would be very helpful. Just make sure that there's no sensitive/private info displayed.

We'll keep you updated here, thanks!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Highlighted

Re: [iOS] Unable to Dislike Songs in Discover Weekly Playlist

Regular

• iPhone XR
  • iOS 13.4.1
  • Spotify 8.5.57.1042

@Katerina 

Highlighted

Re: [iOS] Unable to Dislike Songs in Discover Weekly Playlist

Music Fan

Agreed.  “Hiding” a song (The new Dislike) should not only hide the song from the list and device you are listening to but it should obviously transfer that decision to all devices that you are logged into (just like the like function does).  Moreover, it should hide that song in all future playlists that it might be included in.  Trust me.  If I hide a song, it is because I do not want to hear it ever again and I am extremely annoyed at Spotify when I am forced to.

Highlighted
Solution!

Re: [iOS] Unable to Dislike Songs in Discover Weekly Playlist - Status changed to: Under investigati

Hey again,

Thanks for your patience while we were looking into this!

We're always testing things in the app to improve its functionality. While this happens, you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or you could get a new feature to try out temporarily.

This would explain why you're having troubles to see the dislike button in the Now Playing View of your Discover Weekly in the mobile app.

However, for now, you should be able to hide any tracks you'd like to not listen to by clicking the three-dot menu and tapping Hide this song.

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS