Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

local files

local files

does anyone know why local files doesnt show on my web player? the only thing that shows up under settings is language

1 Reply

Hi @4-g57h_137vm9,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome! Apologies for the delay in replying.

Unfortunately, itโ€™s expected that the web player won't have the full Settings menu that can be accessed from the Spotify desktop or mobile app. However, thereโ€™s currently a Closed Idea for bringing these same Settings options to the Web Player. 

Also, note that local files aren't currently supported on the web player, so it's also expected that they won't be playable there; however, there's a Closed Idea for this potential feature as well. 

While the statuses of these ideas are currently โ€œCase Closed,โ€ it doesn't mean that Spotify has rejected them, and they could still be implemented after review.

If either of these ideas are something that youโ€™re interested in, I would recommend adding your +VOTE to them. The more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it; and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify hereYou can also Subscribe to the ideas by clicking the three dots next to their titles; that way, youโ€™ll be sure to be informed of any relevant updates.

In the meantime, if you have a supported device for the Spotify app and you havenโ€™t done so already, Iโ€™d recommend installing the app for your device. Using the Spotify app, youโ€™ll be able to access all of the Settings options (such as for showing local files). 

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts