Premium

Country

France

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Some songs that i listen to a lot are no longer playable for some reason? they turned grey at first, so i logged out and re-installed the app but now they're straight up gone from my playlists and they don't show up when i search them, i have no filters on too so i don't know why this is happening 😕

here in the screenshot is my playlist with the songs missing, they're all by the same artist as the last one that i can still listen to.

Screenshot_20210302-235057_Spotify.png
2 Replies

Hi there!
Are the songs that disappeared K-pop songs?

If they are. here's an explanation: Spotify's deal with Kakao M, a distributor of K-pop songs expired recently, resulting in a TON of K-pop to be removed from the platform. Nobody knows when the songs'll be back, but hopefully it will be soon.

Hope this helps!

Hello @user-removed, 

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Most often the reason why some content might not be available is for legal reasons.

Availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

New content is added to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find those songs right now, they may reappear soon. 

If you have those songs in a supported format, you can add them as your Local Files

For more details on availability, make sure to check out this support article

If it comes to unavailable content, you can choose whether you want it to display or not:

Mobile and tablet 

• Tap Home icon_home.png,
  • Tap Settings icon_settings.png,
  • Switch Show unplayable songs off (gray) or on (green).

Desktop

• Click the arrow icon_arrow.png in the top-right corner and select Settings,
  • Under Display Options switch Show unavailable songs in playlists off (gray) or on (green).

I hope you'll find this useful!  

Suggested posts