Country

USA 

My Question or Issue

Repro Steps:

* Open a playlist

* Click the "Add Songs" button at the top

* Pick a song

Expected behavior:

It should play the whole song, while giving me a chance to add it to the playlist at any time. This would be similar to what is shown at the bottom of the playlist in the Recommended Songs section. 

What happens instead:

It only plays a very small snippet of a song. There is no way to show that you want to play the full song to see if you want to add it to your playlist. To add a song to my playlist, I need to hear the whole thing once through to see if it's good, if it has any disruptive parts that don't match the vibe of the playlist, etc. So when I'm using this feature, if a song sounds interesting, I have to leave the playlist, search for the song on spotify and listen to it, then add it through a much less efficient interface. 

You could totally fix this trivially if you just let it play the whole song through instead of just a snippet. 

1 Reply

Hi there @eschurma!

Thanks for sharing your idea! It's well worth adding it to our ideas board here. Others can then vote on it or add to the conversation to show their support.

You can check this Spotify Answer to find more info on how to submit an idea and how it works.

We hope this helps 🙂

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts