Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"and more" button for free users is unresponsive on album and artist pages

"and more" button for free users is unresponsive on album and artist pages

Plan

Free

Country

Uk (London)

Device

IPhone X

Operating System

iOS 13.5.1

My Question or Issue

Whenever I want to check what songs are included in an album or artist it doesn’t pop up into a column where the songs can be seen. 

Top Answer
Katerina
Spotify Legend

Hi there folks,

We appreciate you bringing this forward to us and we've investigated.

We can confirm that at the moment, the "and more" option when viewing an album or artist page won't be leading to a page where you can preview a list of all the tracks contained within. However, you should still be able to listen to the shuffled tracks of an album or artist.

We understand that having the button while it not doing anything can be confusing and that you'd like to have a way to see all tracks in an album so rest assured that we'll be passing your feedback to the right folks.

You can also +VOTE this idea on our Exchange to show your support. 

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with. 

Take care 🙂

94 Replies

Plan

Free

Country

United States 

Device

(Samsung S7)

Operating System

(Android 9.0)

My Question or Issues:

I've been having the same problem recently. I reinstalled but it still continues so I guess itll be fixed soon. I also have the latest version of spotify and android but it still happens. Also the and more button only works on playlists ive made myself or from other users. Not on artists, official albums or singles.

I’ve just recently realized this was going on.

Version: 8.5.66.762

Device: iPhone XR (13.5.1, about to update to 13.6)

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app twice. My friend who uses Spotify on his Android isn’t having any issues. I thought my phone was just being weird, but I guess I’m not the only one.

This is happing to me to. Every time I try to view songs by an artist and click the “and more” it doesn’t let me view the other songs in the album or the other songs by the artist. Please keep us updated we would all appreciate it. Thank you very much for trying to help us.

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device 

iPhone 8

Operating System 

( iOS 13.5.1)

This is also happening to me (I have an iphone 8). I have a free plan so I can shuffle play or preview any music that I have in playlists, but if there is an album of a specific artist’s music I can’t click on “and more” to see what the songs are. Very frustrating

Same issue 😞 

Plan: Free

Spotify version: 8.5.66.762

Device: iPhone 11, version: iOS 13.5.1

Tried logging out and deleting and reinstalling the app, nothing helps:( 

Exactly the same issue here too. 

Plan

Free

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Google Pixel 2XL

Operating System

Android 

Spotify version 8.5.66.1002

This has been going on for a couple of weeks now. I have deleted the data and uninstalled the app. Reset the phone. Everything. Nothing is fixing it. 

Hi, 

So I have an Android( Samsung S8+)and I have the problem that alot of people have here. Which is the "and more" button not working, even if I press shuffle play.

Have latest version of Spotify on my Galaxy S7 and iPhone eleven. We've uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times on both devices. Have had the problem since July 11. Have also had several emails from tech support and that's all they tell us to do is reinstall the app. Never talk to the same person twice. Probably gonna go back to Pandora!!!!!!!

This is happening to me as well. It's very annoying. 

I have an OPPO A73, using Android version 7.1.1 and I'm using spotify version 8.5.66.1002. The app was last updated on the 8th of July this year, and I'm in Australia. 

Hi there folks,

We appreciate you bringing this forward to us and we've investigated.

We can confirm that at the moment, the "and more" option when viewing an album or artist page won't be leading to a page where you can preview a list of all the tracks contained within. However, you should still be able to listen to the shuffled tracks of an album or artist.

We understand that having the button while it not doing anything can be confusing and that you'd like to have a way to see all tracks in an album so rest assured that we'll be passing your feedback to the right folks.

You can also +VOTE this idea on our Exchange to show your support. 

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with. 

Take care 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Does that mean the button is planned to be changed or removed? Or is it just a bug 

That is really unfortunate. I am so angry about this because it makes it near impossible to build new playlists or discover other music from artists I’m less familiar with. I am definitely going to explore other platforms for listening to music now. 

That's actually really frustrating since it's such a basic feature on every streaming platform I use and spotify is the main one I use. I love it but now it's so hard to discover new music or even make playlists, the things that people used regularly.

The problem has not been solved...so you've investigated but will not be fixing this?

On the app, the "and more" button used to work and now does not. It appears to be working on the desktop.

Are you not planning to address this other than to say it's been investigated?

The email I got from support made it clear that this was intentional. Unfortunately it makes using the app very difficult free accounts. It appears that feature is now part of the premium experience only. 

I’ve found another music streaming app that appears to be more free user friendly for building playlists and finding new music. So unless they change it back, I’m done with Spotify. It feels like they’re trying to push us to pay for the app and I can’t stand that kind of manipulation. It makes me not want to subscribe just to be defiant. They’ve taken away usability for the free accounts - a feature we used to have. Boo. 

What did the email say? Do you still have it?

I completely agree!  Which app are you using? I will be  switching to apple's itunes. Just too many problems with spotify. 

completely unacceptable! fix the issue and don't try to manipulate users to a paid subscription. the app is shotty at best, why pay for a subscription when the app doesn't work half the time?

I'll be switching to apple itunes and gladly pay for it.  

So far it appears that Yahoo music lets you build playlists and see all the songs on artist albums. I haven’t had time to rebuild all my playlists yet but at first glance it looks like it might be a good replacement. Will also have to see if they have as big a catalogue... so the jury is out but it seems promising so far. And if not, there are others to try. 

I meant YouTube not yahoo. 

Suggested posts