Free

Country

Uk (London)

Device

IPhone X

Operating System

iOS 13.5.1

My Question or Issue

Whenever I want to check what songs are included in an album or artist it doesn’t pop up into a column where the songs can be seen. 

Katerina

Hi there folks,

We appreciate you bringing this forward to us and we've investigated.

We can confirm that at the moment, the "and more" option when viewing an album or artist page won't be leading to a page where you can preview a list of all the tracks contained within. However, you should still be able to listen to the shuffled tracks of an album or artist.

We understand that having the button while it not doing anything can be confusing and that you'd like to have a way to see all tracks in an album so rest assured that we'll be passing your feedback to the right folks.

You can also +VOTE this idea on our Exchange to show your support. 

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with. 

Take care 🙂

95 Replies

DWH1977
Visitor
Download Spotify on your Windows PC/Laptop and use it there to build your playlists. Since “Premium” only applies to iOS and Android apps, you get more options available that are restricted otherwise on a free account. Albeit you’ll still get a multitude of commercial ads and popups.

PremiumIsAScam
Visitor

They said they’d look into it 2 months ago. Why is this marked as solved? It’s not solved, nothing changed, its not a bug, its a cash grab for premium. I have over 2000 songs built up on my playlist. Guess I’ll find another app. Not milking 10$ a month out of me just so i get unlimited skips and no ads and now apparently song previews because us peasants don’t deserve that anymore i guess. Do the ads not generate enough revenue? Horrible move.

Jozea
Casual Listener

Spotify is getting worse, cruel & horrible for the free users.  Guys do u realize..today there is another additional punishment for the free users. The shuffle button on the artist profile has disappeared. I can only shuffle from the artist's album. 

marklewer

Ok I am a free user but I am listening to the damn ads. Crippling this button for me is deal breaker. Hello Youtube Music 

tokyolights77
Casual Listener
  • Anyone else noticed they’ve now stopped the ‘and more’ appearing like a button so when you click on it like you used to it does nothing at all. They’re clearly not listening to the main feedback
  • It’s cheaper to get more data from your phone network and listen to tracks you want on YouTube 🤷‍♀️

Jozea
Casual Listener
  • I used to be ur free user. I'm considering to get pemium when i have the money. However u don't have to punish ur free user with the horrible change by kill the and more button to preview the songs in albums & artist profile. It make ur free users mad & frustated. U will loose them instead they become premium users. Moreover this bizarre trick is harmful for the artists especially the new rising which are not popular yet. Unfortunately then u will loose ur advertisers too & not attractive to the new because u are destroying ur good reputation all this time. This bad decision is not the right way to reach ur goal. This is a boomerang which striking back at u.

ollylee03
Casual Listener

Hi guys I've just submitted an idea called “Bring back the ability to preview albums for free users”.

It would be great if as many of you as possible could +vote it. 

Xochitl15
Visitor

Hey Ollylee! Hope your doing okay! 
Just wanted to know what the next step is once I’ve voted for your idea to bring back the “and more” button? And if there’s anything I can do after voting? 

dancelover_16
Casual Listener

Where can we vote? I have not yet voted and I would like to!

tokyolights77
Casual Listener

go to page 1 of this thread and scroll down to ‘solution’. Someone called Oliee (I think) posted a message with a link to where you can vote 🙂

ollylee03
Casual Listener
Hi! Thanks for voting:) As far as I'm aware the idea needs to get 500 votes before Spotify reviews it, so I think we just have to wait for now. If you want to help in some way, I guess you could ask friends (who are experiencing the same problem) to vote for the idea so that we get to 500 votes quicker.

Marvin316
Visitor

Screenshot_20200712_124050_com.spotify.music.jpg

Hi. Someone know why when I check some artist album doesn't show me the songs? I have few days with this problem, it's the first time happen. 

Siannerr
Casual Listener

This is happening to me as well. It's very annoying. 

I have an OPPO A73, using Android version 7.1.1 and I'm using spotify version 8.5.66.1002. The app was last updated on the 8th of July this year, and I'm in Australia. 

Katerina

Hi there folks,

We appreciate you bringing this forward to us and we've investigated.

We can confirm that at the moment, the "and more" option when viewing an album or artist page won't be leading to a page where you can preview a list of all the tracks contained within. However, you should still be able to listen to the shuffled tracks of an album or artist.

We understand that having the button while it not doing anything can be confusing and that you'd like to have a way to see all tracks in an album so rest assured that we'll be passing your feedback to the right folks.

You can also +VOTE this idea on our Exchange to show your support. 

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with. 

Take care 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

pb

I’ve had Spotify for a long time and it’s never given me any problems. However when will this problem be fixed or will it ever be fixed? This “solution” was posted in July and it is now October. It is very inconvenient to not be able to see albums because I can’t even hear previews for new albums and music I might be interested in. If this is now a premium feature, I think this is a little unfair. Users should not have to pay to see songs on an album. Please, PLEASE find a way to fix this!!

Willianfro22
Visitor
Actually because of this, I can’t un hide a music that I accidentally hid. Without the and more button, I can’t un hide the music.

Newmuse
Visitor

So is this a way to get me to pay for premium service? No one likes to be hoodwinked. Especially not there in a pandemic. Find another way.

lauren_stoner22
This is super disappointing and definitely makes me consider giving up Spotify. How am I supposed to make a playlist when I can't even view the songs on an album? Really poor move to take away such a basic feature...

Lltocool

So was this an intentional feature that was removed from the free version with no plans to revert or a bug that is being looked to fix?

tokyolights77
Casual Listener

Yep intentional. 

But when I got in contact with Spotify to report the ‘issue’ they made me delete the app, reinstall, give them a load of info about the device and test on other devices etc.... the support team seemed to think something was wrong until after 5 days of this going on they said it’s actually meant to be this way. 😭  they don’t like free users of their app; they want everyone to be premium.... 

SUGGESTED POSTS