Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify on mobile won't show certain local songs from my desktop or is unable to download them

spotify on mobile won't show certain local songs from my desktop or is unable to download them

Screenshot_20211116_080851.jpg

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

huawei p30 lite

Operating System

android 

My Question or Issue

spotify on mobile won't show certain local songs from my desktop, but it does display the current song playing when i play the local song in spotify desktop

some of the local songs do appear in the mobile app but spotify is unable to download them (they have a "!" symbol)

some spotify songs (not local) are also greyed out and cannot be played

changing my firewall doesn't change anything

clean uninstall on both phone and desktop and restarting both devices doesn't change anything

moving files to another location, copy them back to the music folder and delete the original files doesn't  change anything

they're all mp3

Both devices on Same network

Deleting index.dat or offline storage files doesn't change anything

image_2021-11-15_221213.png
Screenshot_20211115_221241.jpg
Screenshot_20211115_224620.jpg
1 Reply

Hey @YeetDabMcFapDab,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

The troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to suggest a few more.

In case you're using an SD card, you can try removing it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD. Sometime the SD card can lead to issues with the cache.

If nothing changes, it's a good idea to try with another account to see if anything changes. 

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts