Lineup Signup

Help Us Fix Metadata. Have a read and sign up here.

33 people liked this

Re: Retirement of our Running Feature

Buraczek

The same. I could write down my favorite running playlist and create new... If I only knew... 

I am so sad :(

65 people liked this

IanMW

I am also furious about this. Spotify Running was what got me off the couch and on the trail in the first place, no joke. I understand if they're not going to maintain it, but eliminating entirely? And without any kind of email warning? That's horrible. I could have at least created my own playlists if I knew this was disappearing.

I hope this decision gets reconsidered.

50 people liked this

pleribus
Music Fan

Really don't understand the logic behind this decision.

It's literally the main feature I (and it appears many others) use for running, and a major selling point for Spotify over other music subscription services that you've just gone and  thrown away.

I'm seriously considering switching to Apple's service where I can at least search and filter my music by BPM.

Honestly at a loss why you've done this.

40 people liked this

pleribus
Music Fan

I'm looking for alternatives to Spotify, but in the interim, found this which allows you to search your own playlists and filter by BPM:

http://sortyourmusic.playlistmachinery.com

Sucks to have to manually do this.

Way to **bleep** off your running users Spotify...

40 people liked this

3barlranch

Best feature you had. I'll be cancelling my membership.

39 people liked this

Alpacabee
Casual Listener

This was one feature that really set Spotify apart. It was the one reason I used (and recommended) Spotify. So obviously now I have no reason to use (or recommend) Spotify.

35 people liked this

Disander

This is thoroughly disappointing news.

I use this feature all the time when running.

Trying to maintain 180 bpm helped prevent my knees from hurting. Now there's only a couple of playlists with that tempo.

This was legitimately the best feature Spotify had, and several times I had raved about how good it was to others.

Now I have little reason to recommend Spotify.

24 people liked this

minitrucker007
Casual Listener

Ya this so sucks!! I use this everyday at the gym. It has helped me do from a 5.9 to a 6.2 pase just buy upping my BPM. I have no go to playlist for this my music is what help me keep going. So disappointed is Spotify for this.

21 people liked this

betty98
Casual Listener

For my fellow sad folks-- I've been searching for alternatives. For those with iPhones, there's an app called jog.fm that might do a similar thing. (I don't have an iPhone, soooo....Booo!) They also have a website where, if you put in the tempo you want, it'll give you a playlist, so you can try it through their browser or build you own Spotify playlists. However, it would be best if Spotify didn't do away with this valuable feature!

28 people liked this

Paul35

Really disappointing... this Feature was the main reason why I subscribed a premium membership (and recommend it to everyone)... hate it that they removed this feature in such a sneaky way. It seems that no one got that information unless they deactivated running.
And the running playlists doesn't do their job very well.

SUGGESTED POSTS