Lineup Signup

Help Us Fix Metadata. Have a read and sign up here.

22 people liked this

Re: Retirement of our Running Feature

ChelleYeah
Casual Listener

I really hope you bring it back. I depended on this feature for my running goals. It sounds like a lot of people did. I’m sad that it’s no longer available. 

19 people liked this

ChelleYeah
Casual Listener

Thanks. I’m probably gonna get rid of Spotify now. I have no need for it now. :(

20 people liked this

p3ric0
Casual Listener

This is the only reason I use Spotify and accept the premium subscription price. There's no reason for me to keep using this app without it. Your current "running" playlists are trash, to put it bluntly. Bring the running feature back or I'm out. 

28 people liked this

lucasgober
Casual Listener

I started running almost 1 year ago. I was in a bad place mentally, emotionally, and physically. Becoming a runner fixed me and possibly saved me.

Spotify running was my coach in a box. It pushed me, motivated me, and focused me.

This is silly to say, but I feel a noticeable loss now that this feature has been retired. Spotify I hope you reconsider this decision. 

19 people liked this

Klintan
Casual Listener

Please bring back the Running Feature! It is the reason I'm using Spotify.

26 people liked this

Lindaclaire03
Regular

But why? And without any notice? I restarted my phone, deleted and redownloaded the app, and lost 20 minutes of working time. And then had to run to one of your playlists, which was full of... well, music that was decidedly not empowering for me to run to. 

Your reasons why do not give any reasons, other than sometimes you delete features. That is not a reason. 

I'll echo the others: no warning was quite rude, and this is the only reason I pay for a Spotify account. 

If you cannot keep the full running feature, PLEASE at least give us the running originals with a few BPM options, like you have with the other crappy playlists. 

3 people liked this

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

Hey all!

You can find Running playlists by placing the following into Spotify's search bar:

spotify:genre:running

Seeing the feature go is saddening indeed.

SebastyRock Star 13
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
9 people liked this

Cartlek
Casual Listener

Why?

13 people liked this

Obxers

This is the only reason I signed up for Spotify premium and use it All. The. Time. Once it’s on the platform, why would you remove it?? How does that benefit SpotIfy at all?? This decision simply sucks.

23 people liked this

Rainbow_bear
Casual Listener

Plain and simple this was the most stupid decision ever made.

I don't need or want any new apps to "help me do" my running. I've got Spotify and got my HRmonitor+GPS clock. That should be enough as it was earlier. Actually it was PERFECT. Untill you decided to ruin it.

Nor do I want those playlists you offer, they don't serve our needs and the tracks are awfull. Variation between 160-170 is too much, especially if you need 155.

Bring it back.

Thanks.

SUGGESTED POSTS