Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hi kemcafee, thanks for getting back to us. 

I'm sorry to hear you had a bit of trouble navigating the new site. The majority of your questions can be answered on our updated FAQ page

The 3 device limit applies to offline playlists only. Not online streaming. However, yes, there can only be one live stream at a time. This goes back to the fact that Spotify accounts cannot be shared. 

As far as your wife hearing ads, all free users hear adverts on their desktops. Users that subscribe to Unlimited or Premium will no longer have those ad breaks--nothing to do with offline devices. Was she logged into your 'kenmcafee' account at the time?

The best place for your feedback regarding Family Subscriptions is the threadin our Ideas Board. Be sure to add your Kudos as well. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with!

Im paying for premium on my cell phone and I want to get premium for my son's phone too. How or can I rather, use the same credit card for both?

@Teejehsy wrote:

Im paying for premium on my cell phone and I want to get premium for my son's phone too. How or can I rather, use the same credit card for both?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

That should be fine, just subscribe to Premium on your sons Spotify account using the same card details as on your own.

Unfortunately, Spotify do not currently offer family subscription plans. (If you want to add your support, check out this topic)

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Please please could you clarify this, i used to use Napster on my Sonos System and i could play multiple streams in multiple zones, are you saying that with Spotify at twice the price i can only ever have one stream at a time ?, IE:

I have music playing in the bedroom zone but the second i press play on my PC Spotify the bedroom stops playing ??

Hi Aloon - Yes, that's correct. As Spotify is for personal use only, it can only be streamed from one place at a time. 

With a Premium subscription you can sync playlists for offline use on three devices. Those can of course all be played at the same time while in Offline Mode. 

I have a premium account which is synced with my android. I recently shifted to an iphone wnd when I log in with my spotufy details it first said that I had a free trial version for 2 days and now says that the trial version is over. I cant seem to sync it with my playlists. My laptop doesnt detect it even though both devices are connected to the same WiFi.

Do you know a work around for this?

I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post making sure you are logging in with the same details on both your desktop and mobile device to get to your remium account. 

Peter

Peter

is it possible to get spotify only on your mobile device?

@cjb2020 wrote:

is it possible to get spotify only on your mobile device?

Well, with a Premium account you can use Spotify on your mobile device without the need to use it on the desktop version.

But I guess you want a subscription model that offers a lower price for mobile use only - that doesn't exist at the moment, I'm afraid.

There is NO online way to manage my "3 device limit"?
I can not de-register old devices?
Please tell me that's not true...

@akag9 wrote:
There is NO online way to manage my "3 device limit"?
I can not de-register old devices?
Please tell me that's not true...

Unfortunately it is. 

The device management will currently work if you attempt to add a 4th device, whichever device was registered first will have its offline content removed. 

There is also an official topic if you would like to request all of your devices to be reset here. There is a popular ideas topic here about this issue I would also suggest you add your kudos and comments to. 

Peter

Peter

OK, maybe I'm dense but the biggest benefit I see to subscribing is that I have 20953 songs in my itunes and I like finding more on Spotify. I would like to pull in songs from both my local drive and Spotify playlists and listen from anywhere on my iPhone and on my work laptop. Again with the have my music follow me concept, it really doesn't seem to make sense to try to keep this massive itunes library synced on all my devices. I'd like to store my library on one device and access it and Spotify library on the others. Is this or will this be possible with premium membership?

Hi there

I have a new phone and wondered if you can remove the lg handset to let me use my new htc

Thanks

Doby2001 - Spotify won't remote store your local content, even with premium so you need to sync those local files to any device you want to listen to them on. 

carolpaulsen - You should just be able to mark a playlist offline on your new phone which will remove one of your other devices normally the one that was added first. If you have any issues you can request a reset on this topic

Peter

Peter

ok, so I just got a new iphone 5, and I tried to open spotify and it hasn't ever downloaded any of my playlists. Can you tell me if I have to many devices and if so how can I take one off? 

@sidvicious1995 wrote:

ok, so I just got a new iphone 5, and I tried to open spotify and it hasn't ever downloaded any of my playlists. Can you tell me if I have to many devices and if so how can I take one off? 

I don't work for Spotify so I don't have access to that information however maybe I can help! 

What is the exact issue you are having, will your iPhone not download any offline content? 

Peter

Peter

No, I currently have the iPhone 5, and upgraded from an iPhone 3GS. On my 3GS I had all of my playlist but on my 5 they are not even showing up. I had a spotify on my old computer (school gave me the computer) and then 2 other phones (my sisters.) So do I need to get rid of some of my devices? I have already tried uninstalling and re-installing the app onto my iPhone 5. 

Hi sidvicious1995 - Not to worry, this can be easily fixed--you've just made two accounts. 

Just follow the steps in this post to sort it out: Missing playlists/ Premium disappeared

Can someone help me out?

I purchased spotify premium but I can't connect my iphone and macbook!

It says to connect to the same wifi but still nothing. I'm also logged into the same account on

both devices but on my iphone it wont work?

Please help me!

I don't want this to be a waste of money 

thanks!

Hey lil, let's see what we can do. Is your computer showing "Spotify Premium" at the top of the screen? I've just taken a look at your account and your Premium time is connected to an account that was created through Facebook so it'll be your Facebook details you use to access it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Suggested posts