Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

100% Volume glitch when opening app

Solved!

100% Volume glitch when opening app

Listening to spotify music on our Bose Sountouch Wifi speakers, with music already playing. When I open the Spotify app it sets the speaker volume instantly to 100% (not a slow ramp up). This can then be reduced using my phone’s volume side button but only after being shocked/blasted by sound.

Spotify is the only sound app open. Issue started about 48hrs ago.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you try the following:

1. As you have the Spotify app open and connected to the speaker - turn down the volume
  2. Close the Spotify app and reboot your device without starting Spotify.
  3. Check if you get the same volume glitch after that.

Let us knwo if that helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

i have the same issue (iphone 12 and playing on Sonos). @spotifySupportTeam, is this being worked on? 

I have a connected device playing music (Google Nest Mini) initiated through its voice command. When I open the iOS app to the player UI, it immediately sets its volume to 100%. This happens even when switching from another app to Spotify. Good thing this device doesn't get too loud but it gives quite the shock.
Marked as solution

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you try the following:

1. As you have the Spotify app open and connected to the speaker - turn down the volume
  2. Close the Spotify app and reboot your device without starting Spotify.
  3. Check if you get the same volume glitch after that.

Let us knwo if that helps.

AlexModerator

Seems the glitch is gone with yesterdays update, pfew! No moment too soon, this should have been found in testing people! Twice a super disturbing issue with spotify connect volume control in a few months now. Not happy

Let's say I'm listening music on my laptop, with my airpods connected. I want to change the source to my iPhone, so I select playback devices > airplay > airpods on my iPhone. This will move the music from my computer to iphone while still playing through airpods, but after I disconnect the airpods, my iPhone volume is set to 100% every time, which is unfortunate if I don't notice it until I start playing something.

Hi, 

Thank for the help Alex, that’s worked. It’s been behaving now for the last two days 🤞

Hey there folks!

For anyone still experiencing this issue, please take a look at the above-pinned reply from @Alex 🙂
The steps provided seem to be resolving the issue!

VasilModerator

Hi, is there a fix for this? This problem is actually causing me ear damage as it happens in my Airpods and is almost blowing out my ear drums. Please fix this. The solution accepted here does not work.

Hi there @markjclayton,

Thanks for posting here.

Does the issue only happen when you're using your AirPods? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps such as a clean reinstall for example and does this change anything? When did the issue with the sound start?

Keep us posted.

ElenaModerator

Suggested posts