Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

2015 Mazda Bluetooth Spotify will NOT shuffle or repeat

2015 Mazda Bluetooth Spotify will NOT shuffle or repeat

Plan: Premium version 8.5.31.989 | Country: USA | Device: iPhone XS Max w/ iOS 12.3.1

I have a 2015 Mazda 6 (Touring), which comes with the bluetooth infotainment system. I play my music off of spotify while connected to the car via bluetooth. I have listened to music this way for years. Then about a year ago, I noticed that spotify would not remember when I tapped the shuffle and/or repeat buttons. When a song would end, it would just move to the next song in sequence (w/o shuffling), or would just stop playing music if it were the last song in the playlist.

I've tried disconnecting the device from the Mazda system, and "forgetting" the Mazda in my iphone bluetooth settings, with no successful results. 

It seems there are a few topics about this in the past, but nothing more recently: 1: https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Spotify-Version-8-4-17-issue-with-shuffle-repeat-fu...

2: https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Shuffle-and-Repeat-not-working/td-p/2154321

3: https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Shuffle-is-Broken-AGAIN-in-Mazda-vehicles-over-Blue...

Some of these "solutions" suggest that spotify came out with an update to fix it, then the update following that one voided the fix completely and the same problems were back. Another "solution" in topic #2 is that people have to bring their vehicle into a Mazda stealership to have a bluetooth module replaced since the old one wouldn't work properly anymore. I just don't see how a system that has worked properly for years since I've gotten the vehicle would suddenly not work anymore, coincidentally, when an iOS/Spotify update was released. That seems quite ridiculous. Also, to affirm that a spotify update would fix the problem, topic #3 as well as the last few posts in topic #2 make it clear that a spotify software update solved the issues.

Does anyone else have this issue? 

Spotify, do you have records documenting that this problem was addressed in a previous update? AND, do you have plans to solve this problem (again) in a future update?

I paid for an upgraded trim for my car to get Bluetooth features, and I pay premium on spotfiy to listen the way I want to. It's really disappointing to see relatively basic features just stop working completely.

2 Replies

Same problem, shuffle doesnt work with spotify, but the same issue occurs with apple music… i think is more related with ios or the system of mazda from that model

Here's what I learned. Your car is overriding your phone's shuffle. You have to turn on shuffle through your car. For my Mazda6, I had to use the voice command (there is no setting through the media screen), say "shuffle", then "all". Your car will then shuffle the playlist for you. Then you can shuffle on and off through your phone as you please. 

Suggested posts