Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Version 8.4.17 - issue with shuffle/repeat function via Bluetooth on Mazda CX5

Spotify Version 8.4.17 - issue with shuffle/repeat function via Bluetooth on Mazda CX5

Plan

Premium

Country

Switzerland

Device

iPhone X, bought in Dec. 2017

Operating System

current iOS 12.1.1 beta (Public beta tester)

Spotify Version

8.4.79 - installed: Wednesday, November 14, 2018

My Issue

Since the update is installed, the shuffle and repeat function are not working anymore if the iPhone is connected via bluetooth to my Car - Mazda CX5, building year 2014.
I am in contact with Spotify support and have a case number. 

Spotify tries to figure out what happen. 
All other bluetooth connected devices are working properly - my LG38UC99 Screen, my Jabra Elite Sport earplugs - only my Car does not work. 
And I'm listening nearly 60-70% to music in my car. 

I had the same issue already last year, September 2017 - check this community - there is an entry for "Shuffle and repeat are not working". 

the Update to iOS 11.3.1 and the latest Spotify App solved the issue after nearly 4 months.

Best Regards

Kevin

4 Replies

Any luck with a response from Spotify?

I’ve been going back and forth with Spotify for days now with no resolution. They need to admit it’s a bug from the iOS update and just fix it! It’s so frustrating.

I have this same issue in my 2014 Mazda 6. Had it last year and it was finally fixed earlier this year. The recent update brought the problem back. 

This used to be a problem.

Then they fixed it!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Shuffle-and-Repeat-not-working/td-p/2154321

And now it's not working anymore!

Unbelievably frustrating after waiting so long for them to fix it to have it regress.

Also not sure why the old post with all the info and complaints about this is locked now. Does it lock after a certain period? It's annoying.

BTW, there is a workaround. If you use the Mazda's (bad) voice commands it WILL shuffle.

Mazda's voice recognition is awful though so it usually won't recognize the command the first time or two. However, this guy:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Shuffle-and-Repeat-not-working/m-p/4368128/highligh...

...had some advice that worked for me:

"As previously mentioned, the voice command workaround doesn't work first time every time. I've recently gotten it to work first time by saying "shuffle-all" like it's one word. Try to say it without pausing between the words. I have a pretty thick Australian accent so if it can work for me, it can work for anyone!"

Suggested posts