NEXT STEP

AI DJ not working

AI DJ not working

the AI dj isn’t working anymore.  This happened suddenly on my iPhone and iPad 

have updated both 

23 Replies

Hey @Glaaddiiiss,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you elaborate more on what is going on on your end? Try performing a clean reinstall of the app as well. Here is how to do it. 

Does a different account on your devices do the trick? What is the app version you've installed on your devices and the OS version?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

When I click on the dj thing it won't load

i have the same issue where it wont load anymore when i try and use the dj

Hey there folks, 

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

Could you try to restart your device to see if that makes any difference for you?

We'd also recommend giving this a try on a different network. If possible, ask a friend or a family member to start a hotspot for you and use that network to test if the AI DJ will load. If this is not possible - try with another Wi-Fi connection instead.

In case the issue persists, could you send us a quick video of your experience with the Spotify app? This will help us better understand what exactly is going on.

Hope this helps. We'll be on the lookout for your responses.

LyubkaModerator

when I play my DJ on my 6 person family premium plan it plays welcome but no music

Hey @31n7lajvrw4gwvwsdujl,

Thanks for reaching out.

Have you tried any of the suggestions in the thread? Let us know the result and if possible, send us a video of the issue.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The ai dj stopped working and won’t play music. I am on iOS 17. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I’ve even logged out and logged back in and cleared the cache but nothing has worked. 

IMG_3960.png

Hey @31j2hv6gangxff7x3fyq

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if the same happens while connected to a different network? 

On another note, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your device and see if they can replicate this behavior? 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

It started working again yesterday then stopped again today. Also I let someone else sign in and they are having the same problem. 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop @31j2hv6gangxff7x3fyq!

To confirm, does the DJ feature work as expected for your friend on their own device? Could you try logging in there to see if it works for you as well?

It's also worth checking if you notice any difference when connected to another network or with cellular data.

Let us know how you get on.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I'm having the same issue!

I have this same exact problem. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted the phone, logged in and out of app and website and tried different networks. 

Hey @jeffreyhanna06-us

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community! 

Could you ask a friend or a family member to log in to their account on your device to check if they can replicate this behavior with their own account?

Also, would you mind checking if the OS of your device is up to date?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi

my partner has just signed up for a three month premium trial. Yesterday, dj x worked,

today, he says his little bit and a black screen comes up instead of a song. If has options to fast forward/skip, but does not work. (See pic)

She’s deleted app, signed out, hard restart the app, cleared cache…..still no joy

it’s an iphone 14 pro, same issue on her ipad. Uk based

The only thing I can think of is it’s because she is on a trial, but confused as to why it worked yesterday?

any help would be much appreciated

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

image.jpg

I got the same problem

Hi @sybeke,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting steps in the thread? Let us know what you've tried, and send over the make/model and OS of your device, along with the Spotify version you are currently running. 

We'll be here.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

None of the steps the moderators provided works, but I've found that this works for me:

1. Download the Spotify app onto your PC
2. Log in
3. Start the DJ
4. Close the Spotify app on PC

Now it should work again on your phone.
However, please note: it will come back, this is not a perm fix, so you'll have to keep re-doing it. Once (and if) Spotify acknowledges this as an issue, there's nothing more you can do.

I've also found when you do the steps above, the DJ may think it's Monday when it actually passed a few days ago. Once you get this behavior, things start to break
I'm using an iPhone SE 2020, ios 17 and spotify version 8.8.96.395

AI DJ was working but stopped working since yesterday

Same issue here! None of the steps mentioned by the moderator helped

Suggested posts