Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

About to quit if I can't SYNC. LOCAL. TRACKS.

Solved!

About to quit if I can't SYNC. LOCAL. TRACKS.

I'm taking deep breaths and trying my hardest to refrain from using profanity, but I am frankly baffled that it seems nobody out there can create a decent music service. I came to Spotify after being totally frustrated with iTunes' abysmal cloud functionality, thinking that all my problems would be solved...not at all the case. Spotify doesn't have many of the songs I like (which is understandable, them being unsigned remixes on Soundcloud), so my plan was to get half my music from the Spotify database and the other half from Soundcloud tracks downloaded to MP3 using third party software and uploaded to Spotify as local files. I spent the last 3 hours downloading Soundcloud tracks and putting them on the Spotify desktop client on my Mac.

Now they all appear on my iPhone 6 under the correct playlist name, but are grayed out and unavailable for play, despite the playlist being set for offline play on both the iPhone and my Mac. Why is this such a hard feature to incorporate? I know for a fact it used to work, I have local MP3 files that I uploaded and made available offline on my phone before. Is everyone at Spotify on summer vacation? As far as I can tell, many people have been experiencing this problem in the last week with zero responses from you guys. Soundcloud, a free service, has always answered customer complaints within 24 hours, so why am I paying $10/month for a serivce that won't respond to extremely basic functionality deficincies within over a week?? If this isn't fixed soon I'm moving on to the next music service provider, Google, which hopefully hasn't managed to mess up as royally as you and Apple have. Music should not be this hard.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

well i wasnt bluffing, just checked out the trial of google play, and wow, its a lot better. just cancelled my spotify subscription, thanks for nothing!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

well i wasnt bluffing, just checked out the trial of google play, and wow, its a lot better. just cancelled my spotify subscription, thanks for nothing!

Suggested posts