Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidentally deleted artist from Daily Mix

Solved!

Accidentally deleted artist from Daily Mix

I just accidentally deleted two of my favourite artists from my favourite Daily Mix and would love to be able to re-add them to that Mix. I spend most of my time listening to that Mix and would be super sad without those two being in it. Is there a way to reverse my fat finger attack?
208 Replies

Um yeah..so this Song & Artist that I LOVE came on the daily mix and by Habit, I clicked the button to put it on REPEAT, and low and behold I banned my favorite artist and song from my Daily Mix.

Others have pointed this out, there is a 7 Page trail spanning from the past few months with NO Actual Solution.   The UI for Spotify is great, EXCEPT for this??? WHY Would you put the Ban button where the repeat button is!???  At least add an are you sure you want to ban pop-up or something.  You made it soo easy to delete, but almost impossible to get back.

As someone whose had spotify for a long time, please fix this.  Please.

Thank you!

This is the same reason I left Songza... funny how the acquisition of Songza by Google ended up bringin this clearly annoying, unintuitive, FLAW into Google Play. Songza never addressed it... why?

It's a design flaw that has been around since Songza and hads never been addressed. How long is this going to take?

Meanwhile the undo ban is missing, Spotify could add a simple confirmation dialogue that would say something like "Are you sure you want to remove this artist from appearing in your Daily Mix suggestions?".

There is a terrible UI issue with one of the best features on Spotify.  The daily mix is amazing.  I love it so so much.  I accidentally deleted a great song by pushing the wrong icon accidentally.  There is no way to undo this action and the next prompt is to delete the artist... which I almost did in a panic because I wanted to undo the deleted selection.  This means that I will never hear that song again in my daily mix... the song was awesome.  There is no place where I can see how to change this.  There is no undo and more pervase of all it is really easy to delete an artist from your daily mix forever.  

Spotify as people start training the daily mix it will soon become their default playlist.  It is completely ridiculous that you can accidentally banish songs and artists with no undo.  This is a huge flaw which need fixing.  A simple undo option as the next prompt would be great.  Please please fix this.

Has to be a way to manage this!!! Accidentally deleted two artists, no clue which two yet, and it's insane there is no way to view which artists are banned from daily mix! Great feature, but this lack of option is not great!

Please add this function. I accidentally blocked one of my favorite artists as well, and another while trying to fix it...

I'm using version 6.8.0.3786 on iOS and the issue is still not resolved.
Sure, now I just ban one song but there is still no undo button for that
ban. It's nice saying you'll address it in a future update, but when is
this update coming and how do you plan on resolving this issue?? Ideally
you guys could move that darn "delete" button that permanently removes the
song from a mix. I'm sure my daily mixes have been improving but I don't
trust myself to use this feature anymore and haven't in a LONG time. Pls
fix soon

I just did the same thing. I was trying to click the replay button and was looking for the shuffle button. When I clicked it once it was an accident and I clicked something else and now the artist is gone. There should be a way to remove blocks. And they should bring the repeat back and make it and the shuffle easier to find.

Has this been fixed yet? At least implement an undo function...

I'm with all the others.

I accidentally removed one of my favourite artist from a Daily Mix and I want it back.

I clicked the ban button accidentally (it's too near the forward button!) and I clicked on the "remove artist" below because instinctively I thought it was a cancel option (you know, I panicked because of the countdown...).

You definitely have to add a confirmation screen.

I have the same problem.

It is so important to me, that i actually registered to the forum for posting this issue!

The same problem here, help please!

Any fix to this yet? Just deleted a bunch of artists that I didn't want to because the delete button is is the wrong place on the phone UI. I couldn't believe it was true and tried it again just to check and removed a few more. Please fix!!

Ran into the same issue. This is ridiculous, fix please.

Spotify team,

Can we please have an update? This is an absurd usability issue and should be very easy to fix, whether as an undo button, or just show us the list of customizations so that we can undo it from there.

At the very least, keep us posted on the current dev status an ETA for this feature - Spotify is no longer the only option for affordable music streaming and customers can easily move to a similar service for a similar price.

This, and many other basic features have been "in the works" for months or years with little progress (customizable Discover Weekly, Equalizer, this undo button, to name a few...), and it's really frustrating to get robotic lip-service answers like we've been given here.

Wow I mean come on, it's so easy to accidentally click on the little icon and ban the artist. This is terrible! Give us a way to undo function asap, seriously!!

Well stated. Accidentally removed one of my favorite bands from my favorite daily mix and got excited that there's already been a thread going since September. Hoped to find the solution in here, but very sad to see the issue has not been resolved. 😔

Same issue here. I'm so frustrated

Who do we spam at Spotify to fix this? Or are they just going to get rid of this feature like they did with lyrics, etc and not replace them?

Suggested posts