Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accidentally hit Thumbs Down button

Solved!

Accidentally hit Thumbs Down button

I accidentlally hit the thumbs down button on the Spotify Radio and was wondering if there was a way to view the list of songs/artitst that have been given the thumbs down or up; this is an artist I hope to find more music on but cannont recall their name? I suspect there has to be a file of some sort that is tracking this information, otherwise how would it know to play or not play that artist?

Thanks for your help. 

p.s.

The back button did not work. 

188 Replies

I feel like I ruined my entire station because I accidentally thumbs downed a song that I meant to thumbs up. Please fix this, Spotify.

Looks like this problem still hasn't been fixed.  I actually wanted to thumbs up the song, however accidentally clicked thumbs down.  Didn't know name of song or artist and it immidiately disappears.  A simple "are you sure you want to thumbs down" would be somewhat of a quickfix.  

Thanks.

I'm surprised this wasn't included from the beginning...  But the question now is, what's the status?

I'm a bit bumbed about this.

I was clicking on the thumbs up but didn't see anything happening.  I clicked a few times and was wondering, "is this thing working?", and then I went and clicked thumbs down.  OK, yeah, that certainly worked!  Song immediately stopped and disappeared.  ARGH.

It seems that this is a fairly glaring problem with the Spotify application. I wonder what's taking them so long to fix this.

I, too, just ruined a station I've been working on for months now. Guess I can always start over or put all those songs into a Pandora radio station for my radio needs.

I hope someone at Spotify has a plan to fix this in the immediate future.

I cancelled my premium subcription and went with Google Play All Access. Funny how a new service gets it right from the get-go. 

Hey Spotify!

I rave about you to everyone!  I was waiting for years for you to get to the US.  I was one of your first premium members!  You rock.

HOWEVER, I have many playlists but have started one that I update every month while dumping the somgs from previous month into its own archived playlist.  I STUPIDLY "thumbs up"ed a Widespread Panic song on my "updated monthly" playlist today (a playlist I have been using to find new music for almost two straight years), now all it plays is jamband songs.  I need to get back to it playing the type of music in the playlist.

I even deleted all the tracks in the playlist and filled it in with three extreme different genres than "jamband" (techno, blues, and country)...it still played Phish, & Panic, and Grateful Dead.  

HELP...it was only 1............ I repeat 1, thumbs up.  I cant be stuck with this, can I?

I have followers for that playlist and dont want to delete it completely and start over.

It's actually quite sad that Spotify doesn't bother to answer or do any kind of work to fix the problems its premium users have. Spotify is luck right now that Google's streaming service has not yet arrived in the UK. Otherwise, I would have moved considering how less they do anything to improve their users' experiences.

Okay, Spotify, you clearly need to at least provide a status update on this or you're going to lose users. The Pandora radio interface is far too good for you to get away with a flaw this basic and this major.

So are they gonna fix this, or just let it continue being a blaring flaw in the program?

Perhaps we can fix this issue in a patch. I was in love with the song i was listening to and went to like it. Much to my dismay i hit dislike and do not remember the band or song name.

I have this same problem - please try and implement a feature to rectify this.

My Spotify Alternative station now thinks I like The Lumineers, but I do not like The Lumineers. Now I can look forward to my Alternative station recommending songs more like The Lumineers until the end of time (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Pandora makes it possible to delete a thumb up/down. Just navigate to your Pandora user profile, click the station name where you thumbed incorrectly, see a list of the songs you thumbed-up and down for that station, and click the X next to the one you thumbed incorrectly. 

I am thinking of getting a Spotify Premium account, so far Spotify seems better than Pandora for me in every way, except this thumb undo/delete issue. When I press the same thumb twice in the mobile app, I'd like that to undo/delete my last thumb. Also, I would like to be able to log into my Spotify account on a computer, see all of my thumbs up/down for each station, and delete the ones I made by mistake. 

Thanks for reading! and sorry ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ) I hope tableflipping does not violate Spotify Community TOS I'll set it twice ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ) just in case thanks again.

This JUST happened to me also...

Any updates on this? Would be really simple to do. I realize there are tons of more important things to work on, but when I see the updates on the iPhone for what changes they've made it is honestly disappointing. I love Spotify, I really do and I really hope they allow me to edit which ones I accidentally marked with a thumbs down. 

If not, I am going to move to Google. 

This is ridiculous... I thougt "Hey I vote up this song that I like", of course it the other button acidentally...

I can even play the song (free version) by going back to it with the album art but I can't undo the downvote or upvote it.
How hard is it to make a searchable list of all the voted songs? (Poetic questin. It's trivial...)

AHRG!  I accidently just did the same thing!    and i LOOOOOOOOOVE that song!!    FrustratedFace!!!!

Seriously wish they would fix this. It's been long enough. I, stupidly, assumed it was like Pandora and thumbsed down a couple of songs that weren't work appropriate that I liked, and now can't listen to those songs anymore because I can't change it. Really, Spotify? All it takes is giving us the option of clicking the thumbs down or thumbs up button again to change it. Not a big deal. I expect more from a great program that I love. Please, I know that it can be done. So, please change it.

Were you able to come with a solution for this? I would also like see what I have thumbs down on my account. Like many others, I have  accidentlly hit thumbs down on my cell phone.

Fat chance. You can consider this something they wont bother themselves about...
The idea topic has 381 Kudos. Hell, they don't even care about the #2 idea, which is even more trivial to implement than this.

This should work. It did for me.

Find the song on Spotify.

Right click on the song, and Add to ... Liked from Radio.

Boom. You have now "Thumbed Up" it.

Suggested posts