I accidentlally hit the thumbs down button on the Spotify Radio and was wondering if there was a way to view the list of songs/artitst that have been given the thumbs down or up; this is an artist I hope to find more music on but cannont recall their name? I suspect there has to be a file of some sort that is tracking this information, otherwise how would it know to play or not play that artist?
Thanks for your help.
The back button did not work.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Spotify, are you listening?
This has been a problem since 2012 or earlier, and it's not fixed yet?
At my IT company, we inovate in less than 2 weeks fixes like this and get feedback from the customer to see if we did it right, and that's still going through 4-6 days of testing prior to launch, with teams of 4 per feature.
So, why is 4 years not enough to fix a dislike not logged or reversible button issue?
Here's what you do:
1) create a new table, call it something within your own naming convention that means "user song like dislike sync history"
2) configure fields (named appropriately in yoru convention) on this table like this: primary key / user id / song id / station id / like or dislike / prev song rank / prev artist rank / prev station rank / user device id / user device ip / user session id / date time stamp
3) create a class, object, and a set of loading and unloading methods to handle the above (hopefully you already have this done, and just need to insert the structure of this table into your existing code)
4) update your dislike methods to log this
5) update dislike methods to allow for a secondary click for "undo"
6) create a history tab/page for all platform versions of the software to show history of likes and dislikes for each album, artist, station, and all history for the user
7) put code in place for the history page to undo likes and dislikes, as well as to move likes or dislikes or entire songs to other stations or playlists
8) testing. lots of testing.
9) beta test. Get all users from this forum thread to be beta testers and give us all a month of free premium for the hassle (customer obsession)
11) keep brainstorming how to innovate around this problem to create a different approach to this feature that makes it better than pandora, itunes, etc etc etc
Follow this approach. If you have trouble with this, then contact me through my account and I'll come work for you and do it for you. Seriously. I will. Probably have it launched in less than 2 months (depending on your internal dev tools and policies).
Seriously. Call me.