Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding Cover Art to Local Files

Solved!

Adding Cover Art to Local Files

I used TagScanner to add cover art to my files then copied them into a Spotify playlist. The album cover I added is not visible. How can I fix this?

Top Answer
Mario
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this one!

Writing to confirm that covers can be added in the metadata of the local files.

There're different programs that can add covers to metadata, but we're unable to recommend any third-party software ourselves.

However, if anyone wants to share their experiences with a certain one, you're welcome to do so 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I got it to work by adding the cover artwork in itunes first and then transfering songs into spotify through local files and then downloading the songs offline. You have to wait a few minutes for it to work. Hope this helped.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hi mperloe - I think this is a long running issue. I haven't looked at the local files features for ages as they were such rubbish - and having a quick look now things don't seem to have changed! My albums are still all split up and not in proper track orderSpotify doesn't seem to read the cover art metadata from the file (all my ALAC files are properly tagged and have album art embedded in them) - and for goodness sake don't right click and press the Update from Gracenote option otherwise your file metadata will be changed by Spotify, trust me, you don't want this to happen! :0)

For best results, you should use 300x300 album images.

Then album cover should appear in Mobile.

I was able to accomplish this by adding the album art in iTunes first (which simply allows you to select the audio track(s) and drag a jpeg to the album art section to apply it. I did resize the jpeg to 300x300 pixels before doing that.

The image is instantly applied to the tracks in iTunes. Then you simply have to import the audio tracks from iTunes to Spotify, which I was able to do simply by dragging the tracks from my iTunes playlist to a Spotify playlist.

Recap:

add artwork in iTunes

drag audio tracks from iTunes playlist to Spotify playlist

Good luck!

The itunes thing works, but only for desktop. Those images don't transfer over to a mobile device. Any other ideas?

Hello,

I was working with Itunes but the Mpeg4 files you can not import in spotify so it is not working anymore.

Is there a solution because I have a lot of music from artists which are not in spotify.

regards,

Kindly convert your music in mp3 and it should sync well into Spotify.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

That seriously degrades the quality. So no, that is not a soltion unfortunately.

I can see my cover art, but it is very blurry. I have it at 1500 by 1500 at 300 dpi. I used tag scanner to apply it. Any suggestions?

I have the same issue 😕

Marked as solution

I got it to work by adding the cover artwork in itunes first and then transfering songs into spotify through local files and then downloading the songs offline. You have to wait a few minutes for it to work. Hope this helped.

This works, thanks!

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this one!

Writing to confirm that covers can be added in the metadata of the local files.

There're different programs that can add covers to metadata, but we're unable to recommend any third-party software ourselves.

However, if anyone wants to share their experiences with a certain one, you're welcome to do so 🙂

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts