Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding songs from Youtube to mobile Spotify doesn't work

Adding songs from Youtube to mobile Spotify doesn't work

Plan

Premium

Country

Luxembourg

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 14.0

When I add mp3 files to the PC version of Spotify, it works, but when I try to access the song through my phone by opening the playlist in which I saved the Song, the Song can be seen, but it's grey and when I tap on it nothing happens. When the PC Spotify is connected to the mobile version, I can choose the device on which the song should be played on and when I switch from "This Computer" to "*my phone name*" a textbox on my phone pops up and says "Song Not Downloaded If you own the song, you can sync it from your computer.". I have the playlist set to download, but the song I added through my PC remains grey and the Downloaded Symbol isn't showing up.

1 Reply

Hey there @

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community!

Make sure you've followed the steps from this support guide exactly when uploading your mp3 files. You also need to have both devices on the same Wi-Fi network (check that network is not set to Public) and running Spotify at the same time for the files to sync. Another thing to check - ‘Show unavailable songs in playlists’ must be turned on in Settings.

Let us know how it goes. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts