Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Airplay doesn’t work.

Solved!

Airplay doesn’t work.

Have the lastest version of iOS and app installed on both iPad and iPhone. The Apple TV shows what song I am playing but there’s no sound. My gf has the older version of iOS and Spotify app installed and it worked fine. I also have an older version of Spotify on my other iPad install and it’s working fine. 

I can airplay Apple Music and YouTube fine. 

Im thinking there must be an issue with the newest version of Spotify. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

From the main menu on Apple TV, go to settings, then general, then at the bottom of the list is the restart option. (Not reset)

View solution in original post

14 Replies

I am also having this issue. Anyone figured it out yet?

Me too, the same issue. My iphone starts playing on my hi-fi system via airplay and suddenly the sound is interrupted. I see my iphone is still playing via airplay, but no sound!

I have the same problem too. Pls help

same problem here! I contacted spotify and they said they don't support AppleTV... doh! So I am stuck too! If anyone has the solution, please post! thank you!

Same issue here. Got the new Apple TV 4K updated (11.2.5), latest iOS(11.2.5) on my iPhone and Spotify version (8.4.40). Apple TV shows the music on screen but doesn’t play anything on the speakers. 

Frustrated already 

Same problem.  Airplay from both my laptop (High Sierra, 10.13.3) and iPhone X fail to play spotify audio via airplay to my AppleTV 4k.  I can play stuff from other apps just fine. All OS's are up to date as of this writing.

I have been having this issue and my wife just started having this issue as well. This may be the straw that makes us switch to Apple Music. 😕

Just to add...it seems to me that it is an iOS version related issue. I have an iPad 4th (retina) running iOS 10.3.3 (can’t upgrade) and the streaming works as expected! 

Me too!

The only workaround I've found is to do screen mirroring from my iPhone or MBP.

I resolved the same issue by restarting the Apple TV from the general on-screen menu.  Hope it works for you!

How do I do that??
Marked as solution

From the main menu on Apple TV, go to settings, then general, then at the bottom of the list is the restart option. (Not reset)

Will try and let’s see if fixes it. Thanks!

Here's what worked (for me)...

1. Have a friend connect to your Apple TV through 'More Devices' on the Spotify app. If they weren't connected before, they should have no issue starting to play music with sound. 

2. Start playing a song on Spotify on your own phone and connect to your Apple TV through 'More Devices' on the Spotify app like before. The sound should start working perfectly. 

Other unsuccessful things I tried before the method I described above: 

-Unpairing my iPhone through the Apple TV remotes/devices menu options then reconnecting it

-Restarting iPhone

-Updating iPhone

-Restarting Apple TV

-Updating Apple TV

-Updating Spotify

-Reinstalling Spotify

This is the only thing that has worked for me, and it's worked over 5 times, without fail. 

If anyone knows what this fix means on a device/networking level, *PLEASE* reply so I don't have to have someone come over and connect their Spotify to my Apple TV just to get the sound back. 

Suggested posts