Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album Art for Local Files

Album Art for Local Files

Currently when I upload local songs via the desktop app, I am able to see the album art but when I download it on the iOS app the album art doesn't show. Hoping to see this implemented. Thanks!
17 Replies

Hey @nickkohh!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

That's odd. Could you let us know the Spotify version you're currently using? Also, can you try to remove your local files sources at Preferences > Local Files and then sync them again with the steps here?

Let us know how it goes.
Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Hi Maria, I am using version 7.6 & have also tried to resync my playlist however the album art does not show.

Same thing is happeneing to me. I recorded my own album and wanted to be able to play it in spotify with the rest of my music. I embeded album art and updated all the track info. When I go to play these local files on my laptop it all shows up fine, but it's when I sync them and try to play these tracks on moble that the cover art won't show. I've been googling the problem for several hours now and have found absolutely no solution. I've found that this problem dates back at least to March 2012 (and I don't even know when Spotify launched) and STILL hasn't been fixed (which I think is ridiculous). I just wanna see my album cover when I play a track. I'm PAYING for this service the least it could do is work right and not have a 5 year old glitch in it. 

Sorry if I sound frustrated but I've literally been at this for hours to no avail and it's such a simple problem but spotify can't seem to get their act together

Hi, any updates for this? The album art is still not showing on my iOS Spotify app...

I'm having this same problem, is there any word on whether it's being looked at or not?

snipaste_20170723_110046 (2).jpg

IMG_9580.PNG

Same issue here. It's frustrating that for years people complain about this and there is still no fix.

this still happens to me!!!!! ugh this glitch has been happening for too long pleaseeee fix 😞

Lol this is still an issue. The album art loads fine when I view all the songs as an album/playlist. When I play the individual song, no album art. Hilarious that this issue has gone on for so long. Sort it out, I'm sure its not complicated.

Is this still not fixed, this is ridiculous it's been 5 years.

I still have the same problem. Why can't spotify fix this?? It's so annoying seeing the default icon for my songs

Come on, Spotify. It's been years. Fix this.

Problem's still around, oh well.

Hey everyone,

I can understand how you feel. It doesn't look good, right? Don't worry 🙂 I will pass your experience to the team.

For all of you:

I'd recommend upload some pictures (JPG) you like for the playlists.

For @uuunexpected,

I'd recommend you re-sync the songs again.

Thank you for attention and have a nice weekend.

Why is this considered a solution? It helped no one, lol.

Hey!

iT WORKED! You simply have to first import the mp3 files over to Itunes, add all the artist and album info including the album cover, and then make a new folder of each album and import all the mp3-tracks from iTunes back to Finder again! This way the album art should follow. Then, find the correlating tracks with the album art and artist info on Spotify on local tracks! Worked for me, at least (on mac) 

I've fixed the problem that I was having personally.

It seems that Spotify can't see the album cover if the file is in m4a format, so I converted all of my music to mp3 in iTunes using this tutorial which worked.

I can finally have my Watch The Throne Givenchy cover art.

Suggested posts