Album Art for Local Files

Highlighted

Album Art for Local Files

Music Fan
Currently when I upload local songs via the desktop app, I am able to see the album art but when I download it on the iOS app the album art doesn't show. Hoping to see this implemented. Thanks!
17 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Album Art for Local Files

Roadie

Hey @nickkohh!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

That's odd. Could you let us know the Spotify version you're currently using? Also, can you try to remove your local files sources at Preferences > Local Files and then sync them again with the steps here?

Let us know how it goes.
MJ
Highlighted

Music Fan
Hi Maria, I am using version 7.6 & have also tried to resync my playlist however the album art does not show.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Same thing is happeneing to me. I recorded my own album and wanted to be able to play it in spotify with the rest of my music. I embeded album art and updated all the track info. When I go to play these local files on my laptop it all shows up fine, but it's when I sync them and try to play these tracks on moble that the cover art won't show. I've been googling the problem for several hours now and have found absolutely no solution. I've found that this problem dates back at least to March 2012 (and I don't even know when Spotify launched) and STILL hasn't been fixed (which I think is ridiculous). I just wanna see my album cover when I play a track. I'm PAYING for this service the least it could do is work right and not have a 5 year old glitch in it. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Sorry if I sound frustrated but I've literally been at this for hours to no avail and it's such a simple problem but spotify can't seem to get their act together

Highlighted

Music Fan

Hi, any updates for this? The album art is still not showing on my iOS Spotify app...

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I'm having this same problem, is there any word on whether it's being looked at or not?

Highlighted

Casual Listener

snipaste_20170723_110046 (2).jpg

IMG_9580.PNG

Same issue here. It's frustrating that for years people complain about this and there is still no fix.

Highlighted

this still happens to me!!!!! ugh this glitch has been happening for too long pleaseeee fix 😞

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Lol this is still an issue. The album art loads fine when I view all the songs as an album/playlist. When I play the individual song, no album art. Hilarious that this issue has gone on for so long. Sort it out, I'm sure its not complicated.

SUGGESTED POSTS