Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album artwork pixelated on iOS

Album artwork pixelated on iOS

Hey. Is anyone else having issues with album artwork display on iOS devices? It seems to be really pixelated only on albums that are saved to my library.

I first notified Spotify of this many months back, and again not so long ago, but it still hasn’t been addressed in the app updates that have followed. The same issue occurs across multiple devices - iPad Pro, iPhone 7, iPhone 5 on both iOS10 and 11 - so I’m pretty sure it can’t just be my account at fault.

It really is very, very ugly, and quite a turn off.

Tap the album art thumbnail...Tap the album art thumbnail...

...to find this unholy mess!...to find this unholy mess!

Anyone else noticed this on their iOS device?

6 Replies

Hi there,

I can't say I have ever seen this issue personally. I did a couple tests as I was curious to see if it was the save function, the album itself, or another older album. My first thought was maybe due to the age of the art/photography it was not of high enough quality. However, I can confirm that's not the case.

These screenshots were taken on my iphone 7 and then uploaded to a 21.5 iMac - which lost no significant clarity. Definitely not nearly as blurry as your images.

That is a good and bad thing as it rules out my theory that the source image file is too low, but not good in resolving what is going on with your devices. 😞

IMG_5045.PNG
IMG_5046.PNG
IMG_5047.PNG

One more ...

IMG_5048.PNG

So strange! Thanks for trying at your end.

Do you use Premium by the way? I did notice that when I briefly switched to Free, the problem went away....then returned when I started paying again!

Bizarre...

Still no joy. Pretty sure this wasn’t Bowie’s vision!

91235A93-9CB7-4994-9AFC-DF0BAB9FE644.jpeg

Same problem. No idea how to even troubleshoot this. 

Yeah, I first reported the issue quite some time ago, and repeatedly since. There hasn’t been any attempt to fix it, so I’ve switched to another streaming service.

Suggested posts