Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Album cover not shown for local files on iPhone app

Solved!

Album cover not shown for local files on iPhone app

Hello,

I'm unable to see the album cover for my local files on the Spotify iPhone app. However, on my MacBook, I'm able to see the album cover of those files. Anyone knows how to resolve this?

Thanks! 🙂

39 Replies

this thread has been open over 7 months lol you write a new app from scratch. iOS 8.1 on iPhone 6 and this is quite annoying especially not having the artwork on the lockscreen

I'm having this looked into again. I'll post more info when I can.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have good news. This should be fixed soon. More info to come later. 😃

MattSudaSpotify Star

Have still this problem with my iphone 6 and iPad
It stops when i delete the app and log on again. After selecting offline service the problem starts again.

The app developers are aware of this and it should be fixed soon.

There is currently no exact ETA when the update will come.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I do something similar to you, but instead of deleting the app I just turned my phone off then on again. 

Marked as solution

Hello everyone.  Spotify 2.1.0 has been released to the App Store as of this morning. We believe this issue to be fixed in this latest version. Please post here to let us know if the problem persists.

Issue fixed now with 2.1.0 for offline cover arts.

Hi, 

I upgraded to Premium around a week ago, and this bug is still in effect for me, even though I have the latest version of the app (2.2.0) and the latest update for my iPhone (7.1.2 on iPhone 4). Is it going to be fixed? Or was it only fixed for later iPhone models? 

Thanks!

I have the same problem as Terrorbarn (I think). I have latest software updates of both app and phone (iPhone 4). The problem is, to be specific, that album art from local files synced from computer don't show up at all on the iPhone 4. I have an iPhone 6 also, but there's no problem over there. 

I'm also still having this issue. The thing is, I have one offline synced track that works perfectly when synced, album cover is showing, I can go to the artist and album from the app. Basically, all the metadata got synced. However all my other syncedtracks are without album cover, and I cannot go to the artist or album, anything like that.

Now here's the thing. The file that I added to my playlist that works perfectly with the app, also has perfect metadata in the Spotify client on the desktop I'm syncing from. I can press the artist name and go to the artist, album, and so on. But on the other tracks, the artist and album name are greyed out. They're still showing album cover when playing on the desktop client, but this does not get transferred to the iPhone.

It definitely seems like this has some connection to the problem. Do you think upgrading to iOS 8 might fix the issue?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2

Windows 7

offlinesync.png

Yeah everyone has this issue. I talked to Spotify on twitter and they said the best way to go about it is try deleting and resyncing all the music and it worked for me once but it doesn't alway work

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue with album art, local mp3s and iOS.

My issue is:

I have an mp3 track in a playlist on my mac which uses and displays the files artwork.

Once I sync it to my iPhone (Spotify 2.5.0.1664, iOS 8.1.3) it seems to use different artwork even though the mp3 contains one.

This is bizarre because:

1. The mp3 on the spotify mac app (which gave birth to the copy on the iPhone) shows with the ID3 stored artwork.
  2. The track also does exist on Spotify for streaming (which has the correct art) but it doesn't use that either.
  3. The iOS app instead seems to use some random compilation album artwork which doesn't even exist on Spotify.

What I assume is happening is every local synced track is being checked on iOS with some third party service. This first and foremost should be an option in settings but why is it getting wrong artwork for mp3s which already contain it!?

Any info on why this is happening / how it can be fixed / when it will be fixed would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rory

I believe that there may be no fix for this. The reason for this happening from what I can tell is that when it sinks to your phone from your Mac. Spotify matches the track with the one it has on its servers resulting in it using that artwork. 

Sorry if this is bothersome

If this helped please mark it as a solution and give me Kudos.

Any update on this?

It is still happening.

What kind of braindead programming is this, I sync local files because they are not available on spotify, so spotify has no freaking clue what these files are and should never ever ever ever touch them in any way

Still happening here too. I've contacted Spotify to no avail. Not sure why it's something so difficult to solve. And the reps helping me pretended like they had no clue about this issue.

Yeah, I think this is what is happening here. The Cover of 1989 (Deluxe) by Taylor Swift is showing up because it is on Spotify with a cover. The Life of Pablo by Kanye West gets it cover removed because there is no cover on the Spotify version.

Seems like this is still happening for [5.7.0.1055] iOS app on the latest iOS [9.3.2] iphone6s.

Any eta for the fix? 😞

it's 2017 and this was written in 2014. this is still a problem. for me at least.

It's been three years since they said they were working to fix this bug it's not going to get fixed

Suggested posts