Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album covers missing...

Solved!

Album covers missing...

Most album covers are missing as of this morning, whether in playlist, Artist, Song, or Album tabs.  They are available when the iPhone 6 IOS8 is in wifi mode, but as soon as it gets off wifi mode, most album covers disappear.  The ones that remain do not show settings differences with the ones that don't.   Using Spotify 1.8.0.2444:  Spotify, Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Version 2.1 is now out! All album art bugs should be fixed including the display of album art for local files.

Thanks for your patience and enjoy your album covers!

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

29 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

When it gets off WiFi, do you mean it then uses it's mobile network connection (4G, 3G etc), or offline use?

Hi Michael,

Yes.  Not in off-line mode.  When the phone switches from wifi to 3G/4G on the mobile network.  That is correct.

Okay, which provider do you have? Maybe something is going wrong at their side.
Otherwise, is offline mode an option for you?

I've been having this in online mode as well. Both wifi and LTE. Is this a feature?

I have this problem only on the iPhone when it switches to the cell/mobile network 3G/4G.  On the home's wifi, or other wifi networks, it is not an issue.  I wondered as well if it was an option, maybe to save battery life or memory, but I do not think it is the case.

Hi Michael,

I use Verizon, and do not experience this type of issue on any other application or loss of bandwidth.  Offline is an option but it is not selected.

Maybe our iOS expert knows something about this issue.

I will send him the topic link, and he will probably reply soon 😉

That would be great.  Thank you Michael.

Here is a screen shot just in case
image.jpg

This is so weird...

I have an iPhone 6 with iOS 8 but I have AT&T. I just tested this and the album artwork still shows after switching to LTE from WiFi.

After you switch to LTE, can you try exiting out of the app from the app switcher and launching it again? Does the album art reload when you do that?

Also great choice in music. That Dillon Francis song is great! 😉

MattSudaSpotify Star

Also make sure to go into your iPhone settings and scroll all the way down to "Spotify" and make sure "Use Cellular Data" is turned on. If you are worried about using too much cellular data, you can go into the Spotify app settings and under "Music Quality" you can turn off syncing of cellular.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the great tips.  Yes it is odd. Still the same issue though, no changes.  Album artwork is not reloading when in LTE/3G/4G.

The Spotify settings has the Use Cellular Data setting turned on. So I played with closing the app, turning off the cellular data and vice-versa, and then restarting the app - same issue.  Once I turn the wifi on, all the artwork shows back up.

On the music choice...  Thanks 🙂

I appreciate the help.

Just checked it, it was set the way you suggested.

That's odd. The album art covers should load. =/ not sure what else you can try 

MattSudaSpotify Star

I have the exact same issue, on my new 5S. It always happened on my 4S, too.

Okay. So I am not the only one with this issue. Not sure why this is happening. I did not have that issue with my 5S or initially with the iPhone 6 with iOS 8.0.2. It's a bit mind blowing but I assume that something in the coding is not robust enough. I would note surprised to see more people come up with this issue in the days to come. Somewhat disappointed considering I pay for the premium membership...

I can't edit my previous post because I'm online from my phone, but I'd like to add that this happens to me:

- When I'm streaming over LTE/3G;
- When I'm listening to synced tracks with offline mode or without a wifi connection.

Yes. Same issue essentially. Very few songs or albums keep their art covers. The same thing applies to playlists in the browse menu.

Some song have albums covers, some don't.  This has never happened until i went to ios 8 and iphone 6.  Someone please fix this.  

Suggested posts