Free

Country

USA

Device

iPad Gen 6

Operating System

iOS 13

My Question or Issue

Quite a few years ago, I used to use the ‘Do not play this song again’ button to skip a song, not understanding what it did. Now, when I want to go back to those songs, it won’t let me play them. Even tapping the three dots next to the song and tapping ‘Allow to play this song’ doesn’t work. It closes the menu, but nothing happens, not even after closing Spotify or restarting my iPad. Does anybody know how to fix this?

48 Replies

Hey there @ZayaMoone

Thanks for reaching out to us - we’re here to help!

Sounds like you should try running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your iPad. This troubleshooting step is more thorough compared to the simple reinstall as it makes sure you start afresh with Spotify on your device.

If clean reinstalling doesn't help, would you mind sending us a video recording showing the behavior you describe? Just attach the video to your next response to us. This way we can take a closer look at the issue and assist you further.  

We'll look out for your reply. 

Unfortunately, it didn’t work

DED67472-9F8E-45CF-8A8E-066A8480B18C.gif

Thanks for getting back to us @ZayaMoone.

To learn how to make hidden songs visible again just visit this page. This should make them appear again in all playlists. If any of the buttons for the HideUndo hidden songs are missing, we suggest restarting your phone.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey I'm actually sort of dealing with the same problem.

Once I actually accidentally clicked on the Hide this song instead of Save in playlist I couldn't find the Allow this song to play button even when I went to settings to turn on Show unplayable songs. I could not find any solution to this. (I remember the song name.)

Hi @nuggg,

Thank you for posting on the Community. 

In the article shared by @Elena you can find the steps to show again the song that was accidentally hidden. 

If you already activated the Show unplayable songs setting, try looking up for the song using the search bar. It should show on your results. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

MafeGModerator

I have already turned on "Show unplayable songs" however, when I looked up the song I could not play it. Even when I restarted the app it just wouldn't play.

(I also read the article.)

Hey @nuggg,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

What exactly happens when you try to play the song? It would be very helpful if you could send us a video showing how everything happens on your end. 

Also, please let us know the make, model, OS of the device you're using, as well as the app version you're running.

We'll be on the lookout. 

MafeGModerator

I have the same problem. 

Accidentally hid the song from the blend playlist, then when tried to remove it from hidden I pressed 'Do not play this song again'.
Now when I'm trying to allow it to play, I press 'Allow to play this song'. Menu is closing and nothing happens. Tried to reload phone, force close the app and reinstall too. Problem is not going anywhere.

iPhone 11, iOS 14.7.1, version of app 8.6.62.1035

Hey @Blameless,

Thanks for the post.

Can you make sure that unplayable songs are shown after the reinstall?

1. Tap Home .
  2. Tap Settings 
  3. Under Playback, switch Show unplayable songs on.

It would also be great if you add a screenshot of how things look on your end currently.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

I’m having a problem consistent with these other users. I accidentally selected “hide song,” and even after deselecting “hide unplayable songs” in settings, logging out of the app, removing the app from my phone, restarting my phone, reinstalling the app, logging into the app, and attempting to select “allow to play this song” the app is still unresponsive. Please help because I love this song and it hurts not to be able to listen to it!!! 😞

19663A7F-7059-4E6A-8A76-98FDAE060FB9.png
D72AC00C-BB1C-4F43-A9E7-7A681736A230.png

Hi there @jellybeandream

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Just to make sure, have you tried the steps @Alex sent previously?

On another note, sending us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end would come in handy. Make sure not to send any private info. 

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

After trying the steps @Alex suggested several times, the app remains been unresponsive.

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. 

The attached screenshot with the song, album cover, and menu below it displaying a red “hidden” icon is what appears when I select the ••• button on the song’s banner on the artist’s page, and pressing the “hidden” button causes no response from the app, and the song remains unplayable.

Please help!

***the attached screenshots are attached to my previous post. after attempting to attach the same exact photos to this post, I received an error message that .jpeg files were not supported. This is frustrating because I am using my phone, and I do not have access to a desktop or laptop computer, so I am unable to convert my image files on my phone. The images are direct screenshots from my iphone, and if the default file type for iphone screenshots is unsupported, in that case, I do not know what to do. Thank you.

Hi @jellybeandream,

Thank you for your reply and sending us the image. 

Just to make sure, are you able to access your account with a different phone to check if it allows you to bring the song back? 

If not, do you remember exactly from which playlist or album you disliked the song? If you do, please try to "unhide" it from that place.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

Hello,

I have just encountered the same issue. While using the IOS app, I clicked on the "Hidden" button of a song by mistake. Unfortunately, clicking on it again doesn't do anything. I tried to uninstall/reinstall the app but nothing changed.

How can I solve this ?

Thanks !

Hi @romanbredehoft,

Thank you for your post. 

Is it possible for you to access your account with a different phone to see if there's a difference? 

Also, are you trying to restore the song from the same location where you originally hid it? If not, please try doing it this way.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

Hello,
I have just tried with another phone (after downloading the latest update) and the same problem persists.

However, I was not trying to restore the song from the same playlist. I tried to do hid and recover another song within the same playlist and this time, it worked, I was able to play it again !

Unfortunately, the two songs I've hidden are coming from the Spotify's temporary playlist "Discover Weekly", which got updated since then. It's therefore impossible for me to check this with them.

Hey @romanbredehoft

Thanks for your reply.

Can you try Liking the songs to save them to your Liked Songs playlist? Does it make any difference if you add them to any other playlist of yours?

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Hello,

Yes that actually worked, I can now play them again, even from other playlists. Thanks a lot !

Hey there @romanbredehoft

Fantastic news! If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

Have a good one 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts