iPhone XR

Operating System

iOS 14.2

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

My Issue

Usually about halfway through listening to music on my Spotify app the app will crash. This has been a problem for months now. I would delete the app and reinstall it like most people recommended, but the problem would always come back a few days later. About a week ago I contacted someone from Spotify directly and they helped me do a complete clean reinstall, but just today the same problem came back. I've tried everything from reinstalling to app, logging out and in, checking for updates, powering off my phone, and clearing my cashe. I still have plenty of storage left on my phone. Is is a problem with Spotify or is there a problem with my device?

2 Replies

Quick update: I went through my old playlists and found a playlist that would immediately crash when I opened it. I used the web player to unlike and remove the playlist from my library, and I haven’t run into any problems since. If your app keeps crashing, try checking to make sure all your playlists open properly.

Hey @Mad-Iguana,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We're happy to hear that this issue managed to get resolved. The way you're describing it however points that something was interfering with the cache, that's why a clean reinstall solved the issue temporarily. We recommend that you disable all battery optimization and cache clearing services for Spotify if it comes up again.

We'd also appreciate if if you share the Spotify URI of the playlist you removed if it was one you followed, not created. That way we can have a closer look. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts