Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App automatically plays a new song on reopening of the app, after visiting site with a spotifyplayer

App automatically plays a new song on reopening of the app, after visiting site with a spotifyplayer

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 15.6.1

Firefox iOS

My Question or Issue

After I visit the website  of our local music venue, find a show i'd like to see, then open the spotify app, it autmatically plays a new song every time I open the app.

It most of the time plays a song related to the bands on our local music venue, see video.

I don't even need to play a song on the website.

If I go to open.spotify.com on my iPhone, it shows that I'm not logged in.

Uploaded the video to youtube, but youtube automatically makes it a short, which is not accepted by the video player here, so the link is here

1 Reply

Hey @calvinbenik,

Thanks for reaching out to us and for the quick video you've provided.

Do you experience when your phone is not connected to any headphones/speakers?

You can start off by performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here. Don't forget to give your device a quick restart before you open the newly installed app.

Does this happen on other mobile devices as well, for example you can try logging in on a friend's or a family member's account to see how it goes?

In case you still have the issue feel free to let us know the Spotify version you're currently running.

Keep us posted and don't hesitate to get back us if you have any more questions 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts