NEXT STEP

App constantly crashing listening to music

Solved!

App constantly crashing listening to music

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 10

Operating System: iOS 14.2

My Question or Issue

Spotify application constantly crashing whilst listening to music. Occurs both when phone is unlocked and locked, and the app closes fully (have to reopen the app to start music again). Music typically lasts <30 seconds before glitching and crashing.

This has been very frustrating, as I have not been able to listen to any music properly and problem has been occurring for 3 weeks. I have messaged the SpotifyCares twitter, however they have not been able to provide any assistance to the potential problem (I have turned off phone, redownloaded app etc)

Very close to cancelling my premium membership. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @isabellagrace98, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'd also like to know if you have noticed changes in your battery life in addition to this behavior? 

Could you also try a more thorough reinstall of the app following the steps here

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @isabellagrace98, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'd also like to know if you have noticed changes in your battery life in addition to this behavior? 

Could you also try a more thorough reinstall of the app following the steps here

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I tried out reinstalling the app following the steps on the site, and this seems to have worked! 

Thanks for the help!

Suggested posts