Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Superuser Contribution My music keeps pausing

PlanFreeCountry USADeviceiPhone 11, fairly new My Question or IssueMy music keeps pausing whenever its played in the background. It seems to play fine when Im actually on the app, but when I click out and try to draw or even turn it off, it pauses ra...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country  USA Device iPhone 11, fairly new   My Question or Issue My music keeps pausing whenever its played in the background. It seems to play fine when Im actually on th...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify connect acnt find soundtouch sound systems

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDevice(iPhone XS Max)Operating System(iOS 13.5.1) My Question or IssueI have a premium account, have 10 different soundtouch bose sound systems all around the house. It was from the beginning never worked as it should be. Som...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Belgium Device (iPhone XS Max) Operating System (iOS 13.5.1)   My Question or Issue I have a premium account, have 10 different soundtouch bose sound systems all a...
  • Elena
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can’t play offline - downloaded lists are played through mobile internet

PlanPremiumCountryOrigin: NetherlandsCurrent: FranceDeviceiPhone 8+Operating SystemiOS 13.6 My Question or IssueWhilst having Offline mode on, songs won’t play. Only when having the mobile internet access on, the music will play.I downloaded a lot fo...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Origin: Netherlands Current: France Device iPhone 8+ Operating System iOS 13.6   My Question or Issue Whilst having Offline mode on, songs won’t play. Onl...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

AirPods Pro will pause but not play

Plan PremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 11 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS 13.6 My Question or IssueJust started having an issue with Spotify play and pause using my AirPods Pro. I can pause my music using the one click but once I try to start it again or ski...

• Visitor
  •   Plan  Premium Country USA Device iPhone 11 Pro Max Operating System iOS 13.6   My Question or Issue Just started having an issue with Spotify play and pause using my AirP...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Songs Dosen't Play Until You Add Them To Your Favorites

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDevice(iPhone XR)Operating System(iOS 14)My Question or IssueSometimes I can't listen to a song, I find something in the search, I click and nothing happens until I add the song to my favorite tracks and only after that it sta...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device (iPhone XR) Operating System (iOS 14) My Question or Issue Sometimes I can't listen to a song, I find something in the search, I click and nothing happens ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! On my iPhone, whenever I open an artist’s profile, the app does not let me open the songs directly u

On my iPhone, whenever I open an artist’s profile, the app does not let me open the songs directly underneath the artist’s profile. Also when I search up an album it does not let me open the album to see all the songs.

• Casual Listener
  • On my iPhone, whenever I open an artist’s profile, the app does not let me open the songs directly underneath the artist’s profile. Also when I search up an album it does not let me open the album to...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to view songs whenever I click on album/artist songs

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceiPhone 11 Operating SystemiOS 13 My Question or IssueWhenever I go to an artist or album page, I am unable to view what songs are available from them. I can still shuffle and play the songs normally but cannot actually open th...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country USA Device iPhone 11  Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue Whenever I go to an artist or album page, I am unable to view what songs are available from ...
  • SweetE2002
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 14 likes
  • iOS
  • 13 replies
  • 14 likes

Can’t load albums

PlanFreeCountryUSADevice iPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueFor some reason every time I go to click an album to view the song’s it won’t load. Spotify please fix this it’s been like this for weeks.

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country USA Device  iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue For some reason every time I go to click an album to view the song’s it won’t load. Spotify p...
  • SweetE2002
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Downloaded Songs undownloading themselves

Downloaded songs for offline play occasionally all undownload taking me an hour or two to redownload. Sometimes when pressing on a specific song that is downloaded it also undownloads just that song and I am forced to redownload. PlanPremiumCountryUS...

• Casual Listener
  • Downloaded songs for offline play occasionally all undownload taking me an hour or two to redownload. Sometimes when pressing on a specific song that is downloaded it also undownloads just that song ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

i select a music and when music finishes, starts another music which i did not select!!!

PlanPremiumCountryportugalDevice(iPhone 10)Operating System(iOS 10, c.) My Question or Issue I select a playlist and I expect to listen to the songs in the list. However, after listening to the first song, it starts another playlist which I did not s...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country portugal Device (iPhone 10) Operating System (iOS 10, c.)   My Question or Issue   I select a playlist and I expect to listen to the songs in the lis...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs of the artists

PlanFreeCountryFinlandDevice(iPhone X)Operation System(iOS 13.6) My Question or IssueWhen I go to search for an artist and try to click to see their songs it doesn’t work, as in when I try to click for more songs it just does the little clicking moti...

• Plan Free Country Finland Device (iPhone X) Operation System (iOS 13.6)   My Question or Issue When I go to search for an artist and try to click to see their songs it doesn’t work, as...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Spotify won't play when resume on Airpods Pro

I'm having the exact same issue now, did you end up finding a solution to this problem? I have even tried replacing the airpods and it still does the same thing.

• I'm having the exact same issue now, did you end up finding a solution to this problem? I have even tried replacing the airpods and it still does the same thing.
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone 8 app keeps connecting to random devices

Every time i try to use the spotify app i keep getting these pop up messages saying “now connected to x device”. I don’t recognize any of these devices and dont want to be connected but it will not let me block this from happening. It forcibly interr...

• Visitor
  • Every time i try to use the spotify app i keep getting these pop up messages saying “now connected to x device”. I don’t recognize any of these devices and dont want to be connected but it will not l...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Albums don’t work

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 10My Question or IssueWhenever I play an album, Spotify will play songs not on the album after a few songs. I’ve tried disabling the thing that plays songs when a playlist ends, but this happens in ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country USA Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 10 My Question or Issue Whenever I play an album, Spotify will play songs not on the album after a few songs. I’ve tried disabling ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant watch videos (podcasts etc.) in Norway

IOS, Norway. iPhone 8+. Premium family planmy title says my full question if its not available in Norway, let us Norwegians know when we get this feature?

• Visitor
  • IOS, Norway. iPhone 8+. Premium family plan my title says my full question   if its not available in Norway, let us Norwegians know when we get this feature?
  • tseland
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Liked songs disappeared

Device(iPhone SE) My Question or IssueI went on my Spotify tonight and realised all my liked songs have disappeared. If I search a song that was previously in the ‘liked song’ playlist it comes up with the heart and that it’s still liked but I can’t ...

• Visitor
  •     Device (iPhone SE)   My Question or Issue I went on my Spotify tonight and realised all my liked songs have disappeared. If I search a song that was previously in the ‘liked ...
  • SoundShots
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Ios] Weird cover art resizing on album tracklist

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 12 My album tracklist’s cover art often resizes itself which ruins the aesthetic of the UI and my experiences. Deleting all cache/clean reinstall the app fixes the problem until the next time ...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 12   My album tracklist’s cover art often resizes itself which ruins the aesthetic of the UI and my experiences. Deletin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My spotify starts randomly connecting to other people’s devices and starts playing their music

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice:iPhone 6s Operating System(iOS Something, like ten idk) My Question or IssueWhenever I start using Spotify on my phone, unless I am in airplane mode, I start listening on someone else’s device. For example, if I ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country United States Device: iPhone 6s  Operating System (iOS Something, like ten idk)   My Question or Issue Whenever I start using Spotify on my phone, unl...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone
    Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums gone

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 13 My Question or Issue After the latest update the albums section only shows recommended albums but none of my saved albums. If this was done by Spotify on purpose it’s a really horrible decision...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue  After the latest update the albums section only shows recommended albums but n...
  • SoundShots
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Premium Stopped Working on iPhone (after years) Still Working on Computer

PlanPremiumDevice(iPhone 11 & Macbook Pro)My Question or IssueHi today all of a sudden the iPhone Spotify App kept stopping and turning itself off whenever I tried to start it (I didnt even get onto it). I thought it was a glitch hence I deleted it t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device (iPhone 11 & Macbook Pro) My Question or Issue Hi today all of a sudden the iPhone Spotify App kept stopping and turning itself off whenever I tried to start it (I didnt ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes