Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 12 mini

Operating System

iOS 14.2 

My Question or Issue

Every day for the past month, Spotify has crashed while playing a song. When I start Spotify again it starts playing the same song from the beginning. If I have my airpods in and double tap to "play," it plays the same song. I didn't have this issue on my iPhone SE which was running iOS 14.

Here are all the things I have done: 

-Logged in and out of the account

-Cleared cache 

-Performed a clean install

-Turned my iPhone on and off

-Checked for any updates to Spotify and iOS; they are both up to date 

-Turned off background refresh

It's turning from a nuisance to an actual danger because the app crashes every single day on my drive to work. So I am forced to be on my phone just to restart Spotify in my car which I absolutely hate doing, but it's better than listening to radio ads. Please help--I have never had a problem with Spotify in 10 years until this! 

1 Reply

Hey there @earvirus,

Thank you for your post and for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far. We're happy to help.

Can you do a soft reset of the device, and also ensure device has enough storage space?

Also - can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

It would also be great if you can let us know which version of the app you have.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts