Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPad Mini 4

Operating System

iPadOS 14.1

My Question or Issue

My app will abruptly close about a minute and a half after my device enters sleep mode. I've used other apps that play media in sleep mode and none have the same issue. This problem did occur before, but only in online mode. Now it happens in both. I've tried restarting my iPad, and uninstalling and re-installing the app, but neither has solved the issue.

6 Replies

Hey there @BigBologna,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community.

Could you start by checking if there's an available for your iOS version? 

We'll also recommend making sure that you've performed a clean reinstall of Spotify (instead of a regular one) with the steps here.

Keep us in the loop here! We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

If you meant an available update for my IOS version, yes, I updated my iPad shortly after sending my help request. I'm also on the most recent version of Spotify and have been checking the app store for updates just about every hour. I've also tried a quick and clean re-install, to no avail. 

Hey @BigBologna,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Can you check if the issue occurs when you log in to another account? That way we can see if it's an account-related issue.

If you have any battery optimization or power saving apps, you can deactivate them for Spotify.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

I tried making a new account, but the same thing happened. Exactly 60 seconds into sleep mode, the song stops playing. I've tried finicking with background refreshing, but the crashing will happen if it's both on or off. I've also noticed that Spotify has been draining my battery pretty rapidly too. And to confirm, I am on the most current versions of Spotify and iPadOS.

3F8437DE-9BFB-4AAD-9F6B-E2DE09F854FB.png
C113067D-FAA5-460C-8AA1-0499E686EFCA.png
3DC2DAA1-A809-442B-AFF8-9EE8A468907A.png

Hey @BigBologna,

Thanks for getting back to us with the results from the troubleshooting 🙂

If the issue persists, you might be experiencing this issue. You can add your +Vote and Subscribe to the thread. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator

The crashing and battery draining issue has been fixed with the most recent update. Thank you for providing all the help you could!

Suggested posts