Plan

Premium

Country

AUS

Device

IPhone X 

Operating System

iOS 12.4

upon updating the app on my phone the app now keeps crashing every time I try to skip songs. I have tried turning off the phone, updating the app, deleting the app and reloading. The app seems to work ok until I import a playlist from Apple Music. As soon as that playlist is imported the app crashes continually and won’t allow me to skip songs or change between playlists. Any function in the app causes it to crash. The Spotify version is 8.5.19.947

11 Replies

Hey @Splat140, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

How are you trying to import that playlist from AM?

Thanks 🙂

Happens to mee to. I used the native import feature

I use the import music function from within the app on my phone. 

The same thing keeps happening to me, I have the app on my iPhone 6s+ and it keeps crashing every time I open it.

I tried deleting the app and downloading it again, but when i use try to play a song imported from iTunes it stops working. I've sent two e-mails to spotify support but they're not answering.

Hey @Splat140@neidhardterik,

Could you tell me what you're doing exactly that it crashes on you?

A screen recording would be helpful.

Try updating to iOS 12.4.1

Thanks 🙂

I am running 12.4.1. I go into the settings On the app on the phone and click import your music, then choose Apple Music and then import the playlist from my iTunes account 

A9090621-A651-4763-AEC1-5EBB56A59485.png

Hey @Splat140,

Thanks for your reply 🙂

Unfortunately the files your trying to import are not compatible with Spotify.

Learn more here.

Keep me posted.

Mmmm interesting because it was compatible/working that way prior to the update. Thanks 

Hey @Splat140,

Unfortunately importing playlists from Apple music currently isn't officially supported. You'd need to recreate the playlists manually.

At Spotify, they’re often testing and launching improvements and new features.

Learn more here.

Thanks 🙂

I am seeing the same problem.

The difference is that I imported MP3 from My Music (originally transfered from iTunes on Mac).

That used to work.

The problem happens when skipping MP3 track to another track.

The important thing is that playback itself is successful, but skipping causes app crash.

Also, this problem is reproducible not only with MP3 but also AAC imported from My Music (AAC may not be officially supported, but it used to work).

iOS 12.4.1, App 8.5.19.947

The problem was fixed in version 8.5.22.739

Suggested posts