NEXT STEP

App not available for iPad2

Solved!

App not available for iPad2

Plan Premium

Country UK

Device iPad2

Operating System iOS9

Although the "System requirements" page shows support for the iPad2, when I try to download the app I get a message telling me to update to iOS10 or above. The latest update for the iPad2 is iOS9. Is the "System requirements" page wrong or can the correct app be made available?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi!

Thanks for writing about your issue. According to Spotify’s website, it does say the iOS requirement to be iOS 10. However, they have listed that iPad 2 can run iOS 10. That is indeed false and iPad 2 cannot run iOS 10. You are absolutely right. I’m afraid iPad 2 can’t run Spotify.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @HPaul, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Thanks for pointing this out!

I'll report this to the right folks at Spotify.

Thanks again and have a great weekend! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi!

Thanks for writing about your issue. According to Spotify’s website, it does say the iOS requirement to be iOS 10. However, they have listed that iPad 2 can run iOS 10. That is indeed false and iPad 2 cannot run iOS 10. You are absolutely right. I’m afraid iPad 2 can’t run Spotify.

Marked as solution

Hey @HPaul, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Thanks for pointing this out!

I'll report this to the right folks at Spotify.

Thanks again and have a great weekend! 🙂

Is there any chance that Spotify would re-release a previous version that worked on iOS9 so that the iPad2 could once again use Spotify, even if it was no longer supported?

Suggested posts