Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App restarts iPhone

App restarts iPhone

With no other app other than spotify, even with deleting and re downloading it , attempting to open the app always leads to my phone restarting itself .
10 Replies

What iPhone are you on and what software are you running on it.

This just started happening to me as of three days ago... I cannot open the Spotify app without the iPhone 6 on iOS 8.3 crashing immediately.

It looks like there was a Spotify app update on 4/20/2015. I'd imagine this is when the restarts began.

I have escalated this too Spotify support. In the meantime I would recommend doing a complete fresh restore of your iPhone. You can find a guide on how to do it here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252. Just a warning though this will completely erase your device.

Hey @RedElf07 and @Jackclarkie,

Welcome to the Community.

Are you still having this issue? If so, please confirm the following details so we can investigate this for you:

1. Your exact device.
2. The device's operating system.
3. The exact version of Spotify installed.

4. Are you able to login at all?

5. Is your device jailbroken?

Thanks!

This happens to me to. I am using the most recent version of Spotify on an iphone 4s with iOS 8.3 (12F70) on wi-fi. Opening the app doesn't quite cause the phone to restart. It make the screen go black and the apple logo appear, and it goes to the login screen as if it restarted, but Siri is still available, which it ordinarily is not when I restart - normally I need to login after a restart before Siri is available.

This was a not a problem two days ago, and has only been a problem for me since the 4/28 Spotify 3.0.0 update.

Hi, @drejto. Welcome to the Spotify Community!

We've passed your comments on to the right team. Could you confirm if your device is jailbroken or not?

Thanks,

Teresa.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Thanks. It is not jailbroken. But Spotify began functioning normally after
I deleted it and reinstalled.

I think you should hard reboot your iPhone to kill all the background apps, and then see if the problem is fixed.

If the problem still exist, you can restore with tuneskit iphone system recovery, which is able to restore your phone without data loss. This tool is a freeware for the time being, because the provider is doing a halloween sale.

You can find the free coupon here: https://www.tuneskit.com/special/2019-halloween-sales/

How can you sure the problem is caused by Spotify? Sometimes, your iPhone may restart itself strangely due to software bugs or crashes. In this situation, an iPhone system recovery can be a good tool to use. It's able to repair with no data loss. Anyway, it is worth a shot.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall instead of the regular one? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify.

These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. It seems this step already helped @drejto solve the issue. 

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Suggested posts