Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Spotify mobile radio not working

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 13 This happens whenever I start or use a radio based on one of the playlists I have created. When I try to like or dislike a song in the radio, the black box comes up in the middle of the screen with the...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 13   This happens whenever I start or use a radio based on one of the playlists I have created. When I try to like or dislike a song in ...
  • eltoch
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

New Bug with Spotify connect

PlanFreeCountryUSDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12.4 My Question or IssueWhen I use Spotify connect to cast to Roku or the desktop app, it still makes me shuffle unless I use the other device to control the music. This has been happening since the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country US Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12.4   My Question or Issue When I use Spotify connect to cast to Roku or  the desktop app, it still makes me shuffle unl...
  • lance_374
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

I Can't Download Spotify on my Iphone

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceIphone 4Operating SystemiOS 9.3.6/Windows 10 My Question or IssueI cannot download it on the App Store simply because it requires iOS 10 or superior. I have researched the issue and found that I can download/purchase Spo...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Iphone 4 Operating System iOS 9.3.6/Windows 10   My Question or Issue I cannot download it on the App Store simply because it requires iOS 10 or supe...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App is crashing

Today my Spotify App started crashing. After few seconds playing a song, it stops and the app freezes. I deleted the app and downloaded ii twice, but the problem persists. I can't drive without music, so I had to pay for a month of Apple Music. Pleas...

• Casual Listener
  • Today my Spotify App started crashing. After few seconds playing a song, it stops and the app freezes. I deleted the app and downloaded ii twice, but the problem persists. I can't drive without music...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! App Crashes after iOS 13.1.2 Update

DeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 13.1.2 My Question or IssueJust updated my phone to iOS 13.1.2. When I click on the app, the Spotify logo appears and then the app immediately crashes. Is this a bug with the Spotify app, or the iOS versions I am cu...

• Casual Listener
  • Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.2   My Question or Issue Just updated my phone to iOS 13.1.2. When I click on the app, the Spotify logo appears and then the app immediately cras...
  • Jack_stetz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify queue visual bug with iOS smaller text size

PlanPremiumCountryColombiaDevice(iPhone SE)Operating System(iOS 13.1.2) My Question or IssueWhen you change the default text size to the third-to-last text size, Spotify queue glitches and doesn't show the name of the song in queue just shows a black...

• Plan Premium Country Colombia Device (iPhone SE) Operating System (iOS 13.1.2)   My Question or Issue When you change the default text size to the third-to-last text size, Spotify queu...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

ERROR when sharing Spotify to IG Story

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceiPhone 8iOs 13.1.2 My Question or IssueHello! I've been facing an error when trying to share Spotify music to IG Stories - is there an ongoing issue? Both apps are up to date. Thanks in advance!!

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device iPhone 8 iOs 13.1.2     My Question or Issue Hello! I've been facing an error when trying to share Spotify music to IG Stories - is there an ong...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Apple Watch app stopped connecting to iPhone Spotify app.

PlanFamily PremiumCountryUSiPhone XsOperating System(WatchOS 6 and iOS 13). Latest updates applied. My Question or IssueThe watch app would. It connect to iPhone app. So can't see what's playing. It kinda partially connected because I can see my libr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Family Premium Country US iPhone Xs Operating System (WatchOS 6 and iOS 13). Latest updates applied.    My Question or Issue The watch app would. It connect to iPhone app. So ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Can't share Spotify songs to Instagram Stories

Plan: PremiumCountry: ChileDevice: iPhone X, 2018Operating System: iOS 13.1.2 For a couple of days now, I can't post songs to Instagram Stories, all of my apps are up to date. I try to post it and there's a pop-up that says "Sorry we couldn't share, ...

•   Plan: Premium Country: Chile Device: iPhone X, 2018 Operating System: iOS 13.1.2   For a couple of days now, I can't post songs to Instagram Stories, all of my a...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Shuffle not toggled on but album is still shuffling sons iphone 8

iphone 8 running iOS 13.1.2 See screen recordingSong playing from album, shuffle is NOT selected, when first song ends app plays another random song instead of the NEXT song on the album.

• Casual Listener
  • iphone 8 running iOS 13.1.2   See screen recording Song playing from album, shuffle is NOT selected, when first song ends app plays another random song instead of the NEXT song on the album.&...
  • heybex
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t share on Instagram stories

PlanPremiumCountryMalaysiaDevice(iPhone 11 ProOperating System(iOS 13 My Question or IssueCan't share on Instagram stories

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Malaysia Device (iPhone 11 Pro Operating System (iOS 13   My Question or Issue Can't share on Instagram stories
  • eunice5616
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

New Update, New iPad design

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceIpad Pro 10,5 New update and new design. Every time I open spotify, it has a new design. The interesting thing about this design: If you add a podcast to a playlist, the album covers automatically appear next to the songs...

ipad.jpg
  • Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device Ipad Pro 10,5   New update and new design. Every time I open spotify, it has a new design.   The interesting thing about this design: If you add a...
  • 03-ckyvl_ivh5
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Loop feature not accessible. Was it removed?

PlanFreeCountryIrelandDeviceIpad 4 MiniOperating SystemIOS 12.2 My Question or IssueHi! So spotify seemed to have received an update on IOS but there are already some issues. First the loop button is no longer visible or accessible. Ive read the FAQ ...

3A8FCB7A-044C-4960-8D31-6E24A9B4B548.jpeg
  • Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Ireland Device Ipad 4 Mini Operating System IOS 12.2   My Question or Issue Hi! So spotify seemed to have received an update on IOS but there are already some issues....
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to sync offline songs with your iPhone

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue My local songs wouldn't sync with my iPhone (iPhone XS), they would stay in gray and I would...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Order songs playlist.

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDevice(iPhone Operating System(iOS 13) My Question or IssueHello, I would like to order the songs from my playlist from recent to older aggregates, but with the mobile application I cannot. Any ideas? Hola, me gustaria sabe...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina Device (iPhone 😎 Operating System (iOS 13)   My Question or Issue Hello, I would like to order the songs from my playlist from recent to older aggregate...
  • Perk87
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS queue isn't working properly

PlanPremium CountryUnited States DeviceiPhone 6s Operating SystemiOS 13.1.2 My Question or IssueMy queue has not worked properly for a while. The last track in the queue is never visible. Using the touchscreen to move tracks is jerky and will sometim...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium   Country United States   Device iPhone 6s   Operating System iOS 13.1.2   My Question or Issue My queue has not worked properly for a while. The last tr...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't share anything to Instagram Stories

PlanPremiumCountryLithuaniaDeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 13.1.2Spotify Version 8.5.25Instagram Version112.0 My Question or IssueCan't share anything (playlist, song, album, etc.) to Instagram Stories. Was working 2 weeks ago. Not working until t...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Lithuania Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 13.1.2 Spotify Version  8.5.25 Instagram Version 112.0   My Question or Issue Can't share anything (playli...
  • Jacob
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Other] No rewind on lock screen iOS 13

Hello! When I lock my screen and I'm playing music I'm unable to rewind a song. A hamburger menu appears that allows me to Thumb up/down a song. How do I get rewind back? I've uninstalled the app a number of times, on a fresh install it works but wit...

• Visitor
  •   Hello!    When I lock my screen and I'm playing music I'm unable to rewind a song.    A hamburger menu appears that allows me to Thumb up/down a song.    H...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Next/Skip Song Bug

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 13 My Question or IssueWhen I press next to skip a song it restarts that song instead. The song name changes but the album art will not. The song time/progress are blank. Pressing skip a second time s...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue When I press next to skip a song it restarts that song instead. The song name changes but the album art w...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I need an Old version of Spotify for a first gen IPad running ios 9.3

HiI'm a premium user with an old IPad mini Gen 1. I'm trying to install Spotify but it tells me it needs IOS 10. I did a search and found few suggestions (like dowloading old itune with app store, download spotify on it and then connect the ipad to t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I'm a premium user with an old IPad mini Gen 1. I'm trying to install Spotify but it tells me it needs IOS 10.  I did a search and found few suggestions (like dowloading old itune with app ...
  • steve846
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes