Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Will no one own responsibility for this???

Ok so I discover the other day that I have been doubled charged for Spotify, one by Spotify for $9.99 and one by iTunes for 12.99, every single month for the last 2+ years!! When I call you know what I get, 2 months from apple back..... 2 MONTHS........

• Visitor
  •   Ok so I discover the other day that I have been doubled charged for Spotify, one by Spotify for $9.99 and one by iTunes for 12.99, every single month for the last 2+ years!! When I call you k...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] Accessibility for the blind-low vision broken

The latest version of Spotify has made people who use Voiceover (either on an IPhone or IPad) can no longer read descriptions of any playlists, which was something that was working before. For those with low/no vision it makes navigation unnecessaril...

• Visitor
  • The latest version of Spotify has made people who use Voiceover (either on an IPhone or IPad) can no longer read descriptions of any playlists, which was something that was working before. For those ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sort Liked songs by downloaded?

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevice(iPhone Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or IssueWith this new Liked songs playlist taking over for the Songs category it's impossible to only view my offline songs (without taking my whole device offline I guess) Can we...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device (iPhone 😎 Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue With this new Liked songs playlist taking over for the Songs category it's impossible to only...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes

Not playing the playlist songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Deviceiphone XROperating SystemMost updated ios My Question or Issue For the last week, I am selecting playlists or radio and it will play the first song but then it goes to completely random music. And I mean random. No artists...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA   Device iphone XR Operating System Most updated ios   My Question or Issue   For the last week, I am selecting playlists or radio and it w...
  • jhlc
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS Download Error

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone XsOperating SystemiOS 12 My Issue"Download Error - downloading has stopped because there's no space left on this device."I keep getting this error message even though I have plenty of space left on my device. I have seen simil...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device iPhone Xs Operating System iOS 12   My Issue "Download Error - downloading has stopped because there's no space left on this device." I keep getting this error messa...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Download error
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify on iPhone 6 doesn't start

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I tap on Spotify, it doesn't open.And I mean it, there's no crash it seems.The app doesn't even start, the icon seems to gray out a little, so it registered a...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue Whenever I tap on Spotify, it doesn't open. And I mean it, there's no crash it seem...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    iphone
    open
    start
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Save a single song

PlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI always used to be able to save a single song of an artist to my library. Since the new update it seems I have to save/like a complete album...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country   Device (iPhone 😎 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I always used to be able to save a single song of an ...
  • JoBoy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to play one song on an album

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XROperating Systemios 12.4.1My Question or IssueHello, whenever I try to listen to Chikai by Hikaru Utada nothing happens. Then when I click on the three dots to the side and then the "Allow to play this song" option...

Image-1.jpg
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone XR Operating System ios 12.4.1 My Question or Issue Hello, whenever I try to listen to Chikai by Hikaru Utada nothing happens. Then when I click on the...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Other] Instructions given by Spotify to reinstall the app are in correct.

To delete and reinstall the Spotify app, press and hold the app, a drop down menu will appear, press rearrange apps this will make the app shake and an X will appear. Pressing the X will delete the app. Press the home button to get back to the normal...

• Visitor
  • To delete and reinstall the Spotify app, press and hold the app, a drop down menu will appear, press rearrange apps this will make the app shake and an X will appear. Pressing the X will delete the a...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not connecting to apple Carplay

Spotify will not load contents into apple carplay when car (2019 BMW) is properly connected to Apple carplay and other apps are loading and working correctly. Sometimes it gives a message that it was unable to load but usually the screen is just blan...

• Spotify will not load contents into apple carplay when car (2019 BMW) is properly connected to Apple carplay and other apps are loading and working correctly.  Sometimes it gives a message that...
  • Appaz
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Carplay
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify stops playing randomly on my iPhone and on Alexa devices

I have an iPhone XR and I am in the US. My Spotify Premium stops playing music quite frequently and it even does it when I play my liked songs that I've downloaded to my phone. So Spotify stops the music output, but when I look at my Spotify phone ap...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iPhone XR and I am in the US. My Spotify Premium stops playing music quite frequently and it even does it when I play my liked songs that I've downloaded to my phone. So Spotify stops the m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

PREMIUM USER NOW GETTING ADS???!?!?!!

so spotify is pushing pop ups for podcasts... thanks for harassing me more spotify. i dont pay you enough god **bleep** money????!

• Gig Goer
  • so spotify is pushing pop ups for podcasts... thanks for harassing me more spotify. i dont pay you enough god **bleep** money????!
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Ad failed playback due to location

Free PlanUnited States iPhone6 iOS 11.3.1 Spotify will lock when an ad comes up. 90% of the ads received by my device are unable to playback due to location is the error. Then it won't push through, I have to shut down Spotify and restart. I have tri...

•     Free Plan United States   iPhone6   iOS 11.3.1     Spotify will lock when an ad comes up. 90% of the ads received by my device are unable to playback due t...
  • rdebruyn
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Artist “About” page text not appearing on iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemIOS 13.3 My Question or IssueFor many artist pages (eg “Porcupine Tree”), clicking on the About text excerpt opens the About page, but no text appears (only photos).

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System IOS 13.3   My Question or Issue For many artist pages (eg “Porcupine Tree”), clicking on the About text excerpt op...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify connect stopped working

Hi, Spotify connect does not connect any longer to my Bose Soundbar 700. Airplay works, but not spotify connect.Have uninstalled bose app, spotify but no help.It says that spotify connect is not active on that device. PlanPremiumCountryswedenDevicema...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Spotify connect does not connect any longer to my Bose Soundbar 700. Airplay works, but not spotify connect. Have uninstalled bose app, spotify but no help. It says that spotify connect is not ...
  • erdu
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle Acting Weirdly

I have premium and use on my phone. I don't know if this is a bug, but my playlist of over 4,000 songs doesn't seem to play songs randomly with shuffle is on. I started noticing this recently and documented which songs were being played. It's the sam...

• Casual Listener
  • I have premium and use on my phone. I don't know if this is a bug, but my playlist of over 4,000 songs doesn't seem to play songs randomly with shuffle is on. I started noticing this recently and doc...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Ad glitches interrupting playlists

So I don't know if this is all devices, or just iOS. But the ads are troublesome. I wonder why it is that Spotify ads always disrupt the pleasure of listening to music, but they do for me on every device. Recently, ads on my iOS device experience a n...

• Casual Listener
  • So I don't know if this is all devices, or just iOS. But the ads are troublesome. I wonder why it is that Spotify ads always disrupt the pleasure of listening to music, but they do for me on every de...
  • Jᴀᴄᴋ
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • ads interrupt playlists
    interrupt
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Whole album download when only 2 or 1 songs are saved

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(iPhone 5c)Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or IssueI may have 1 or two songs saved from one album and when I download them through the album it downloads all the songs even if they aren't saved.

• Plan Premium Country UK Device (iPhone 5c) Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue I may have 1 or two songs saved from one album and when I download them through the album it...
  • alexhoward8
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • album
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

I cant see my local files on my iphone

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceIphone 11 proOperating Systemios13 My Question or IssueI have followed your instructions exactly but I cant get my local files to my iphone. I have done it before. But now it doesnt work. I have reinstalled both my deskt...

•   Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Iphone 11 pro Operating System ios13   My Question or Issue I have followed your instructions exactly but I cant get my local files to my iph...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I cannot see my local files songs on my iPhone

Plan - PremiumCountry - USDevice - iPhone X, Macbook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019)Operating System - IOS 13, macOS Catalina Hello, Spotify community. I have been troubleshooting my problem for a week now and have had no success. I have 16 songs downloa...

• Plan - Premium Country - US Device - iPhone X, Macbook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019) Operating System - IOS 13, macOS Catalina   Hello, Spotify community. I have been troubleshooting my probl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes